Discussion Memory Capsule

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Memory Capsule – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Pokemon this card is attached to can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still have to pay for that attack’s Energy cost.)

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Decks like "Shock Lock" used memory energy to pull off things that shouldn't have been possible without memory energy. Now we have Memory Capsule.

for anyone who plans on looking for pokemon that takes memory capsule to the next level, please comment your findings here and I will do the same. This will help everyone to find the best options more efficiently.

Thanks

Note: Standard Only

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
The first thing I did was look at all the V pokemon to see if they could help their VMAX counterpart and the only one that was notable to me was Copperajah V's first attack which reduces damage by 30, so with LucMel GX, metal goggles, and an Aegislash you're reducing all damage by 120 for a 340 HP pokemon. Essentially giving you a pokemon with 460 HP.

Ill start looking at good stage 2's with good abilities and see if their pre-evolutions have any better attacks.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Some good V+Vmax combos I can think of are Morpeko using Electro Wheel, although I’d just stick with the V, Rillaboom can use Call for Family, Snorlax can use do 60 heal 60, Cramorant will be able to use TAE for it’s snipe attack, Etertnatus can use Power Accel to accelerate energy, Scizor can use energy denial, Salamence can use spread, Gardevoir can do more damage with 200 instead of 180, but no healing, Pikachu can use accelerate 2 energy to itself or do 30 for each benched Pokémon and Aegislash can use break through effects.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
As far as stage 2s go, there are 3 aegislash that could work with tool drop. If you combine the 2 metal ones and a core barrier you could reduce damage by 140 for a turn. Or just use the psychic one to reuse attackers.

There's a 190 HP rhyperior that could try to tank in rhydon mill.

Greninja could make you flip 2 heads to attack it, but frogadier's attack only hits for 20. Fun meme I guess.

And there's a charmander that does 2x damage for each damage counter on it, and a 180 hp charizard. Or if you use the GX, for 250 hp.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Snorlax can use do 60 heal 60
Snorlax can do upwards of 140, heal 140* with Powerful Energy. Since your 210-290 won't knock out any VMAX, you can use that attack to get the 2HKO and prevent a return KO. However, you have to drop Buff Padding, so it's not as good as Memory Energy was.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
The upcoming Phanpy(from Astonishing Volt Tackle) means Donphan(same set as that Phanpy) can use the capsule to do up to 420 damage(assuming it is 1 counter away from its max HP of 150), assuming no other boosts are present. Also, Vikavolt from Rebel Clash can benefit from the capsule by charging up lightning energy from Charjabug's attack that allows it to search for 2 lightning energies for Vikavolt's Powerful Storm attack...

When it comes to the memory capsule, the select few past evolutions that don't have tiny effects such as tiny damage, tiny healing, etc., surely improves the final evolution in ways we often overlook, do you think so?

Last edited:

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
I think another potentially viable option will be using Memory Capsule to use Mad Party on Diggersby for Weakness against the Eternatus VMAX. A pretty funny interaction, though not necessarily practical would be using Omantye's Tickle attack on Omastar TEU. With Pokemon Research Lab, it would be quite easy to set up a play where you get down 2 Omantye, then evolve into Omastar on the next turn and begin using Tickle. Glimwood Tangle would then allow you to reflip the coins, and it'd be very annoying under Item-lock.