• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Metallix (Metagross/Steelix) Just for fun

zeno503

A Slow bro who says Slowbro slowly
2-2-1 Metagross UD
1-1 Steelix UL
2-2 Dodrio UD
2-2 Umbreon UD
2 Mawile UD
2 SableyeUD
1 Skarmory UD
1 Forretress G RR
1 Dialga PL

Pokemon - 22

x3 Switch
x2 Professor Oak's New Theory
x2 Team Rocket's Trickery
x2 Poke ball
x2 Pokemon Reversal
x2 Life Herb
x2 Energy Returner
x1 Rare Candy
x1 Luxury Ball
x1 Dual Ball
x1 Professor Elm's New Theory
x1 Defender
x1 Super Scoop Up
x1 Seeker
x1 Judge
x1 Pokemon Rescue
x1 Pokemon Communication
T/S/S - 25

x5 Dark Energy
x1 Special Darkness Energy
x5 Metal Energy
x1 Special Metal Energy
x1 Rescue Energy
Energy - 13

Total Cards - 60

Strategy:

The strategy is a simple one, get Metagross or Steelix out and cause mayhem. The Skarmory can help set up with Steel Coat which lets me search my deck for a basic Metal Energy and attach it to one of my pokemon. Dodrio is there for it's Poke-Body: Retreat Aid which lowers my active pokemon's retreat cost by {C}{C} as long as Dodrio is in my bench, so I can easily switch in and out between my pokemon until I have my Metagross or Steelix ready or in case I need to stall and I'm short on energies, that Dodrio has gotten me out of a few jams. Luxury ball guarantees me either a Metagross or Steelix to grab from my deck to my hand, and rare candy can get it to evolve it. I usually prefer setting up Steelix due to it's first attack guard press which does 40 for {M}{C}{C} and reduces damage done to Steelix by 20 on my opponent's next turn after applying weakness and resistance. Along with Special Metal Energy, which reduces damage done to any steel pokemon it's attached to by 10, and giving it a defender, which reduces the damage taken by 20, that's a whopping 30 (or 50 with Defender Pokemon Tool) damage reduction. This Steelix can surely take a hit, and with a few lucky coin flips for Steel Swing ({M}{M}{C}{C}), it can cause some havoc too. Dialga helps with my hand with Time Space Traveling {M}{C}{C}, and Forretress G 80 for Bomb Risk {M}{M}{C} does 80 to your opponents and 10 to each benched pokemon and would take 80 damage to itself but with a good coin flip can prevent that and go for another bomb risk. Life Herbs to heal, and Switch just in case I can't get Dodrio out.

Let me know what you think! Also I figured I could use some DCE and more Rare Candies and (considering it's the only Metagross out of hundreds of cards that I've got)to add another Metagross for consistency so I already have that in my head for this deck but please let me know if any other good ideas pop up for this deck.

Just so you know, Steel Coat searches for special metal as well. :)

The Pokemon here are okay, but can be easily taken down, and this would be hard to recover. I would use one of these Pokemon here and then we can work from there. Let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

You might want to use metagross SV wih gravitation, all yor pokemon already have high HP but you'll get help against basics. Or the LA one, it adds disruption and you'll be hiting 100 a turn. By the way, I have both metagross if you need them.

@Yoshidude10: Wow, I had no idea I could search for Special Metal Energy too. Thanks for the info, and I'll be sure check out your trade list for anything I might want!

@legendhunter32: Those would be much appreciated! I'll PM you about both Metagross then.

Back