Mew* or Mew ex(lm)

Brainsmoothie

Aspiring Trainer
Which do you like better? Mew ex has 20 more hp but is that 20 worth 2 prizes and it can be shut down by cessation, but you can only have one mew* in your deck. Since i only play one i think i like mew* better because i'd rather have it die one turn earlier (assuming that 20 hp difference only makes a one turn difference, it could make a huge difference though) and not lose two prices. Also its easier to get out because its not ex.

alot of pokemon search trainers say no ex pokemon. Its even tougher for a basic ex because great and celios dont work. Whereas if its an evolved you can use petm

Most people will argue that Mew-ex is a better Pokémon; it can pick up any attack on the field, has a good amount of HP, and can be run multiple times in a deck. In most cases, Mew-ex is a better Pokémon because it is more reliable.

I like Shining Mew in a different way. It is a good card to consider in delta decks; you can attach Delta Rainbow Energy to it and it covers all types. Most of the time, you would use it for Mimicry. Shining Mew also has an interesting typing as a water type. If you want to add variety to your deck, it is a very good card to consider, as it doesn't cost 2 prizes. Its low HP is a downer, though.

well i dont know if its that much more powerful Power move is good to get the energys you need to copy attacks, but again its ex, so its harder to search for and they get 2 prizes.

Brainsmoothie said:
well i dont know if its that much more powerful Power move is good to get the energys you need to copy attacks, but again its ex, so its harder to search for and they get 2 prizes.
Read the Pokebody. I know Mimicry does the same thing, but just read it.

Now read Holon Magneton/Electrode/Castform.

Understand now? It's vastly superior. And you can get it by Mentor. And a * you can only play one of, though I doubt anybody would ever play Mew *. I understand why Mew * would be played, since Mimicry does have it's merits, but why not play a card that's easier to get, better HP, etc.?

Arcanine out.

i read them both i dont really get what your saying, please explain. yeah it has better hp but its only 20 more and they get 2 prizes when they kill it.

Yes, it may be two prizes, but for mimicry you cannot use your own attacks either. Which is bad if they are not set up. So if so, you will be doing 20 damage max if they have only basics. While this happens, they can get set up, candy into a stage 2 and then kill the measely 70 hp thing. Most stage 2, especially exs can easily do 70, considering that you have no previous damage on them.

Aside from that, you can easily use holon mentor, or dual ball to get your Mew Ex onto the feild. Plus if you wanted with a mentor you could get 3, not that you'd need that many. In other words, don't compare Mew shining with Mew star. Mew shining is a good pokemon, but against a Mew EX deck, there's no contest.

To be honest, 90 hp is often just what you needed. Especially considering many pokemon out there that do 70 or 80 damage. Anyways, regardless of that Mew EX is very susceptable to changes in strategy. You can throw out any pokemon on your bench, use it's stage 1 attack (for instance a kirlia DS to heal 30 hp, then next turn use your own Gardevoir EX, and copy the ability to send a fire back to another pokemon before youknow you'll be KOED, there are endless combos, but with both you need the energy, so Mew EX wins b leaps and bounds.

mew * can only copy opponent's atk
that pretty much says it all

mew ex LM is soooo archtype material than mew *. Lots of decks use(or used) it, like mewtric, mynx, MMS, and LBS

yeah mew ex definently has more options to it, but the 2 prize cards i still think sets it down alot, compared to mew* only giving up 1. Sure 90s better but is that 20 more worth 2 prizes? I agree Mew ex is better in the sense that you can build a deck around him. But if you just want 1 and dont plan on using your own attacks then mew* seems better. My deck for example has no pokemon that would be really helpful if mew did do them. So in my case i'd have mew ex or * just to use oppenants attacks. the other difference is mew ex can be shut down my cessation cystal and mew* has it as an attack.

Mew EX said:
Yes, it may be two prizes, but for mimicry you cannot use your own attacks either. Which is bad if they are not set up. So if so, you will be doing 20 damage max if they have only basics. While this happens, they can get set up, candy into a stage 2 and then kill the measely 70 hp thing. Most stage 2, especially exs can easily do 70, considering that you have no previous damage on them.

Aside from that, you can easily use holon mentor, or dual ball to get your Mew Ex onto the feild. Plus if you wanted with a mentor you could get 3, not that you'd need that many. In other words, don't compare Mew shining with Mew star. Mew shining is a good pokemon, but against a Mew EX deck, there's no contest.

To be honest, 90 hp is often just what you needed. Especially considering many pokemon out there that do 70 or 80 damage. Anyways, regardless of that Mew EX is very susceptable to changes in strategy. You can throw out any pokemon on your bench, use it's stage 1 attack (for instance a kirlia DS to heal 30 hp, then next turn use your own Gardevoir EX, and copy the ability to send a fire back to another pokemon before youknow you'll be KOED, there are endless combos, but with both you need the energy, so Mew EX wins b leaps and bounds.

Lol, Mew* vs Mew EX and only two active pokemon there are...I think Mew * can win. I personally like Mew* better because it is much less Archtype, and it can be useful at times.

TYranitarFReak said:
mew * can only copy opponent's atk
that pretty much says it all

mew ex LM is soooo archtype material than mew *. Lots of decks use(or used) it, like mewtric, mynx, MMS, and LBS
MMS isn't a deck, since it only won like 1 tourney. Megalix is barely even a deck. Mynx really lost power after everyone found what it did. Plus it never was a real archetype, probably like Tier 4.

Arcanine out.

To Enryu: Yes it may be slightly archtype like, but even stil it's nly one element of a deck. If you played with only non archtypes cards, you would limit yourself quite a bit. No dragonite, no arcanine, none of those cards. There are many great combos that aren't archtypes.

Guys, archetypes are decks that are popular. Staples, scuttlebut, etc. are popular cards...

But anyway, long story short, Mew EX LM>Mew *.

Arcanine out.

I hate to say it, but the majority agrees. 20 more HP and the ability to search for any energy and retreat, as well as use your own attacks. Leaves Mew * behind.

Back