Mewtwo and Darkrai Battle Arena Worth Buying?

Worth buying anymore? Just curious. If in wrong thread, apologies!

Might be the wrong forum, but you made it its own thread so that can't be wrong. ;) Unless a mod moved it to its own thread...

...anyway, yes this product is still well worth buying unless you already have an ample supply of the cards included and don't care about any of the extra bits it includes. Don't remember off the top of my head but I assume it has a coin and such. ;)

This is a great product for new players but a lot of the cards in it are going to be for Expanded play only. Not all though; still some valuable cards (staples even) that you'll get for Standard play, even post rotation. The real question is "Should buy more than one of it?" since it is a quick way to get a lot of key cards without having to trade or have lucky pulls.

The next battle decks are shaping up nicely too. Keldeo and Rayquaza (dragon no less!) are fairly decent. Probably more expanded focus again, but what a fantastic tool for newer players to learn with.

Might be the wrong forum, but you made it its own thread so that can't be wrong. ;) Unless a mod moved it to its own thread...

...anyway, yes this product is still well worth buying unless you already have an ample supply of the cards included and don't care about any of the extra bits it includes. Don't remember off the top of my head but I assume it has a coin and such. ;)

This is a great product for new players but a lot of the cards in it are going to be for Expanded play only. Not all though; still some valuable cards (staples even) that you'll get for Standard play, even post rotation. The real question is "Should buy more than one of it?" since it is a quick way to get a lot of key cards without having to trade or have lucky pulls.

Yeah... Kinda meant forum, haha. I was curious just for the VS Seeker and the Holo Energies, isnt the Darkrai being rotated out and is the Mewtwo very playable compared to the XBall and Damage Change Mewtwo? Just curious since i have been out of the game for a LONG time.

Yeah... Kinda meant forum, haha. I was curious just for the VS Seeker and the Holo Energies, isnt the Darkrai being rotated out and is the Mewtwo very playable compared to the XBall and Damage Change Mewtwo? Just curious since i have been out of the game for a LONG time.

Sounds like you got some bad information on the pending set rotation.

Official Pokémon tournament play uses two Constructed (where you bring your own deck) formats: Standard and Expanded. Currently Standard is XY sets and promos, Expanded is BW and XY sets and promos. The next rotation is September 1st, when Standard becomes XY: Primal Clash and later sets, while Expanded remains all BW and XY releases (except the two banned cards, of course).

Neither the Mewtwo-EX nor the Darkrai-EX are Standard legal now, but both are Expanded-legal and will continue to be even after this next rotation. This Battle Arena Deck was specifically released to help newer players get some good, older cards for Expanded play. This Mewtwo-EX is still a very good attacker, it is just when it released it was the best in the cardpool and defined the metagame for a bit. Darkrai-EX is still great for its Ability, it just used to also be great as either the best or second best attacker in the game (rivaling or possible dethroning Mewtwo-EX).

Don't forget the decks have added value in that you can always reassemble them quick for an easy way to play with someone interested in the TCG but lacking their own cards, or when your card pool or skill levels are so different its the closest thing to a fair match. ;)

Cards that are useful because either you'll likely need them for a competitive deck, or at least some popular deck contains them and so you can trade them away if you have no interest. Also remember you can trade spare copies of important cards you don't need. For example if you already have four Professor Sycamore, you can trade them cheap to a new player who doesn't have them at all; you still get some bang for your buck and they get a valuable staple.

2x Mewtwo-EX (NXD)
1x Bouffalant (DRX)
3x Zubat (PLS 53)
2x Golbat (PHF)
2x Crobat (PHF)
1x Versus Seeker
1x Professor's Letter
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Pokémon Fan Club
1x N
1x Max Potion
1x Level Ball
2x Hard Charm
1x Evosoda
2x Escape Rope
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Devolution Spray
1x Bicycle
1x AZ
2x Double Colorless Energy
8x Psychic Energy (Holo)
2x Darkrai-EX (DEX)
3× Zorua (LTR 89)
1× Zoroark (XY 71)
2x Sableye (DEX)
1x Xerosic
2x Ultra Ball
1x Skyla
2x Skyarrow Bridge
1x Random Receiver
1x Professor's Letter
2x Professor Sycamore
2x Pokémon Catcher
2x PlusPower
1x N
2x Muscle Band
1x Lysandre
1x Level Ball
1x Evosoda
1x Energy Switch
2x Dark Patch
2x Rainbow Energy
8x Darkness Energy (Holo)

Last edited:
Moved from the TCG Competitive to the TCG Help, as the thread is becoming more a help thread rather than a discussion thread. ~bbninjas

Back