Collecting Miscut M Charizard 69/106 Flashfire

marcoramius74

Aspiring Trainer
So I happened to find some Flashfire packs at my local Dollar Tree and bought some and pulled a Mega Charizard EX...YES!! My first Flashfire M Charizard X!! While admiring it, I happened to notice that the top of the card had a very distinct line across it about 2mm down from the top and the colors above it should not have been there. I pulled out a Toxicroak EX from Flashfire and sure enough, that is the card that was above it. The bottom of the card cuts right through the copyright 2014 Pokemon. What is really wierd is that the back of the card is almost perfectly centered.

Does a miscut like this increase or decrease this cards value?

I think it decreases value, because collectors don't like to collect that and just want a normal one.

It honestly depends. Most online stores/card shops would not want it, and as you mention the average collector would value it lower because of the error.

However there are people who are avid collectors of misprints/miscuts. It might take some time to find the misprint collector who would love to add that Mega Charizard EX to their collection, but they are out there!

Thanks for your responses.

Amazingly enough, I pulled a second one today...this one is thankfully not miscut. Happened to notice a 2013 Keldeo EX tin in Walmart. It had 1 pack of Flashfire in it along with 1 Plasma Blast and 2 packs of Furious Fists. Got nothing from the other packs but 2 Flashfire M Charizard X on back to back days...I think I should probably go buy a lotto ticket tomorrow!!

it really depends on whos buying it. If its someone who is very interested in miscut cards then it might be more valuable to them but in general i dont think people will pay more or less for a card like that. :)

Back