DPPt/HGSS MMR Nintendo DS Replacement colored game cases

xtetheredwingsx

Aspiring Trainer
I wasn't sure where to post this in the forums, but I came across this and it reminded me of when the Pokemon games used to have colored cases ( I was very disappointed when they didn't keep making them this way..). I guess Multimedia Recovery has made them now though.

Check them out:

Crystal_Color_Line-up_6_WATERMARK_EDIT.jpg

I just purchased a couple of them to change out my Platinum, Diamond, and Soul Silver games. :D

What do you guys think of this?

Seems kinda pointless... this is just asthetic of the game cart. You rarely even see it. The transfer is far too much work, and I'm sure those cost something (prolly not much). What's the point really? You'll notice it for about 5 minutes a month... and that's assuming you change games quite often. I wouldn't buy them, but go for it. Just expect for disappointment when you transfer the actual parts. I know I've destroyed more than my fair share of games when trying to fix the battery.

Well, my Diamond version got really roughed up and isn't working now, and they say I can clean the chip up and re-case it so it will work again. I guess we'll see. I'll let you guys know when they arrive; opening them up is really easy though, they explained to me all you have to do is take a knife to the bottom left side where there is a split and work it in there and then shuck it around ( like opening an oyster.. lol ). So, I did get it open and cleaned it off because there was some green corrosion inside the chip ( I guess from condensation or water ). Now I just have to wait.

Pretty cool, I guess. I really wish they made these on games in the first place, makes it look better. Not that you see the game much, but if it can save your game, it's worth it. Unless it costs a lot.

Back