My Fake Cards

dude x

an Xtra weird Dude
I know it sucks, but it is my first time so here it is. If you cant read it here is what it says.

Regice ex (Water)

Hp-100

Poke Power-Frozen Touch:When Regice ex comes into play the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

WC-Frost Bite:If your oponnent try's to attack next turn flip a coin, if tails that attack does nothing-20

WWWC-Melt Down:put 2 damage counters on Regice ex-100

Attachments

• Regice ex.PNG
    Regice ex.PNG
    249.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Registeel ex.bmp
    242.4 KB · Views: 19
pretty good, i like how the background is sparkly too. you gotta teach me how to do that. :)
i suggest you use a png file energy, so there round still. and no cutting. :)
you should use correct text, and font too.

overall, good for a start.

Well I dont know how to use fonts and stuff. Whats a png file energy? What do you mean by no cutting?

sure, i could. but go look at pokemon palace, they have everything. thay have the nrg that you just copy and paste. nothing else.
there a tutorial there too.

I just made a Registeel ex.

Here is what he does

Registeel ex (Metal)

Hp-120

M-Electric Wave:Flip a coin, if heads the defending pokemon is now Confused, if Tails the Defending Pokemon is now paralyzed.

MMMC-Electron Crush:discard a [M] energy attached to Registeel ex-80

V Click to see Picture

[attachment=387]

Attachments

• Registeel ex.bmp
    242.4 KB · Views: 45
Umm, don't mind, but... those cards are terrible. Why are you using such tiny blanks? Use the tutorial I posted on the forums.

Umm, don't mind, but... can you read. I said at the top of this thread that this was my first time making a fake card.

Umm, if you don't want to improve, just say you don't want criticism. Your loss, not ours.

Cerium was giving you constructive crit... deal with it...

I dont want to start any arguements here, but it was Dude x's first Fakes, and I think Ceriums comment was a little too harsh, and without enough reasoning.

Usually when I comment, I try to find both positives and negatives and post on those, and also, I try to give some advice on improvements.

I dont think the fakes are the best fakes I've ever seen; but to call them "terrible", and have your only criticism being "why are you using tiny blanks?" doesn't really cut it (although you didn't say that was the only thing wrong, it's just that that's all you wrote). I personally dont have a problem with size, although yea, they could be larger. I would definitely be at least a little offended if someone posted on one of my threads and said that my cards were terrible, and didn't really give enough reasoning to why. I know that sometimes it is a little too tiring listing all the things that could possibly be wrong, but you could always say:

"No offence, but your fakes aren't very good. But dont worry, you'll improve. Take a look at this tutorial by FangKing, it'll help you get your energy symbols looking right and you text spacing correct. Also, would you be able to use larger blanks? The cards would look better that way :)"

You could add a comment on the card idea too.

"I like your attacks, although I think both Registeel ex and Regice ex's 2nd attacks may be a bit too costly. I think Registeel's move would be okay if it cost MMC, and Regice costs WWC but did more damage to itself; possibly 4-5 or even just bumping it up to 3."

This isn't all aimed at Cerium btw, this is to people in general. It helps a lot if you can give points to why you like something, or why you dont, and ways to improve. In fact, sometimes it's less benefitial to say that you like a picture, and not say anything else, then to say what Cerium did, and call it "terrible" while giving a reason to why you dont like it.

I find as an artist, that I like people telling me things that are wrong, so I can fix things up. When people say my work is awesome, I feel good, but it wont help me get better unless people tell me whats wrong or a little off with my pictures.

However, if you can't find anything too bad with the art or can't find the exact words to say whats wrong or right about something (happens to me a lot) then by all means feel free to leave a "GJ" or "nice work". Although it may not help the artist improve, at least he'll know his work is being seen, and people like what they're seeing. =)

Anyways, enough of this little rant. I just wanted people to think about what they're posting, and to actually try to make comments that help the fake maker get better without seeming too harsh about it, and try to explain why you dislike something. I think in general its okay to not always explain exactly why you like something, but it helps A LOT if you explain why you dislike something, or how something isn't quite right, so people dont get offended.

~Secretsmeargle

P.S I dont mean to offend anyone by this, I just thought I'd input my opinion on making useful criticisms.

Back