RSE/FRLG My Nuzlocke run (FireRed)

bonsly1994

Croagunk, one of the faithful
So I decided to do the Nuzlocke run!

The rules i'm using are:
1. If the pokemon faints it's considered dead, release it
2. You have to catch the first pokemon you find in every route, cave etc. You can't catch anything else
3. Using Battle Style: SET
4. Name your pokemon something meaningful

Current Party:
1. Pudgey (Pidgeotto) lv.20
2. Venus (Ivysaur) lv.21
3. Buzz (Beedrill) lv.20
4. Sylvester (Mankey) lv.20

Fallen Teammates:
1. Splinter (Rattata) lv.14

Current Point in Game:
Just got to Vermillion city or whatever. lol training to about 26 until I do anything really >.> My mankey was down to 1 HP when battling rival in Cerulean and I was freaking out! lol

So here i'll update as I go, I want to see who else is doing the challenge?

What? You could never complete the game... You mean no Pokemon Center or no healing items?

I'm doing the Nuzlocke challenge! However, I'm using it on Platinum. I currently have 2 badges! I think it makes you appreciate pokemon you otherwise wouldn't think of using in your party. Like Dustox. Dustox actually SAVED me when I was battling Gardenia! My only concern is the Elite Four (since the Gen IV Elite Four is very difficult)

What do you do against the Elite Four? O_e. One guy faints, you're screwed.

The idea is certainly interesting, though. I might give it a shot.

Basically, back when I did an Emerald run, I went to Sky Pillar and battled wild Pokemon until I had a team of level 60-70s, and that's pretty much the only way to beat it. I lost a lot in Victory Road, but I scraped by with a Claydol and a Swampert. One way to beat the E4 is by using a ton of repels to make the first Pokemon in a route a legendary, like Rayquaza at Sky Pillar or the birds in FR/LG.

EDIT: 1k homies!

Basically, back when I did an Emerald run, I went to Sky Pillar and battled wild Pokemon until I had a team of level 60-70s, and that's pretty much the only way to beat it. I lost a lot in Victory Road, but I scraped by with a Claydol and a Swampert. One way to beat the E4 is by using a ton of repels to make the first Pokemon in a route a legendary, like Rayquaza at Sky Pillar or the birds in FR/LG.

Well, one thing I'm wondering is: does the challenge allow you to use Revives? If so, then that would be the best thing to do. Using Platinum for the Nuzlocke Challenge was a bold move for me, I think, since the E4 is toughest in that game and Gen III E4 is easy, but I'm going to try it and see how it goes. Good luck to Bonsly1994 with the Nuzlocke Challenge!

Back