BW/BW2 Nature/Ability/Move Checker

JonnyXxGorexX17

Aspiring Trainer
Well I was thinking. Wouldnt it be cool if there was an option to check the nature and moves before you catch a pokemon. I remember when Paul from the anime was looking for a starly his pokedex told him what moves it knew.

JonnyXxGorexX17 said:
Well I was thinking. Wouldnt it be cool if there was an option to check the nature and moves before you catch a pokemon. I remember when Paul from the anime was looking for a starly his pokedex told him what moves it knew.

Yeah, but at the same time we have managed without it and it's never really bothered anyone and has always been that feature of that game just catching that pokemon you know? I mean it's not like we need ev pokemon for the game but yeah, for competetive battling it helps

- Darkrai - said:
Yeah, but at the same time we have managed without it and it's never really bothered anyone and has always been that feature of that game just catching that pokemon you know? I mean it's not like we need ev pokemon for the game but yeah, for competetive battling it helps
Yeah i like to breed so if i know what nature the pokemon is it will be easier than catching every one i see than heading to my box to Realse the ones that dont have what i need. Cause Releseing Pokemon takes forever

Maybe it would be fairer if it was in the form of an item that gets disposed after use (i.e. not a key item). Like a "Scan Spell" kind of thing. It could reveal its type, moves + current PP, and nature. Also if it was item as opposed to an ability / move it wouldn't let you scan in wifi battles (to keep things fair).

Hmmmm. It would be a time-saver. But I'm not sure how I feel overall. It would be helpful for people who know much about Pokemon, but take away some of the challenge of finding what you want...but that can be tedious...I'm leaning towards liking the idea, I think :)

Not that anime has any bearing on the games, but as I recall Paul checked the Starly and Stantler's moves AFTER he caught them, then released them.

It would be helpful, for those of you who are competitive battlers. I also agree with what monpyro97 said, alot of trading activity would decrease.

I'm personally not a competitive battler, so I wouldn't care if this takes place in Black/White or not.

Jigglychu said:
Not that anime has any bearing on the games, but as I recall Paul checked the Starly and Stantler's moves AFTER he caught them, then released them.

Yeah thats what gave me the idea it would be alot easier than craming your Pokeboxes with all the same pokemon and findind out. Oh wait a minute none of these poke mon are adamant:(. I just hate going in after words and realeseing everything.

And you've wasted all those PokeBalls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, etc. Still, it takes away the element of the game that is capturing what you find, not what some item tells you to. I'm against the idea of this, but if it actually happened, I wouldn't mind, it would make the game a lot easier (which is why I'm against it). Although, it would have to be banned in competitive play, to keep the advantages at a minimum. Maybe, just maybe, this could be the shooter option, but since shooter isn't always an option, this probably isn't true.

JonnyXxGorexX17 said:
Yeah i like to breed so if i know what nature the pokemon is it will be easier than catching every one i see than heading to my box to Realse the ones that don't have what i need. Cause Releseing Pokemon takes forever
0.o I betz u do
Last week I was looking for a naughty natured Horse with swift swim, so I had to catch 20 of them, and only 1 of them had Naughty, but his ability was sniper. :(

TheDarkLucario said:
0.o I betz u do
Last week I was looking for a naughty natured Horse with swift swim, so I had to catch 20 of them, and only 1 of them had Naughty, but his ability was sniper. :(

Lol why don't you just breed them in the daycare alot easier then catch-n-check and btw just pokesav lol way easier then both wayus

- Darkrai - said:
Lol why don't you just breed them in the daycare alot easier then catch-n-check and btw just pokesav lol way easier then both wayus
I don't cheat...

I'd rather see IVs immediately after catching a Pokemon or when the Egg comes. Nature and all the rest are less important, at least for me.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
I'd rather see IVs immediately after catching a Pokemon or when the Egg comes. Nature and all the rest are less important, at least for me.

dmaster out.

I'd like a feature on the GTS where you can see a pokemon's nature and EV/IV's before receiving it.

I would like this but if they don't do it then i just want to be able to release pokemon in your party

TheDarkLucario said:
I'd like a feature on the GTS where you can see a pokemon's nature and EV/IV's before receiving it.
and stats too! thats what i would really like

Back