Need Help Modifying Theme Deck

TheOat3203

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just start playing Pokemon TCG, my first deck is DragonSpeed Theme Deck.

I've modified it a bit by getting rid of 2 Aiboms and replace them with Suicune and Another Walrein that I got from booster packs.

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to modify my deck, now I'm thinking about replacing the whole Walrein Line with Blastoise Line. However, I don't know if it's the good idea to do so.

Note: I have a really limited budget to begin with lol.

Thank you in advance!

Modifying theme decks can be tricky as they often come with sub-par cards. They are good places to start as you have got some energies and a simple deck to construct around. Assuming you only have the cared you get in the dragon speed theme deck there are a few cards I can recommend putting in (however I have never played it & have no idea of the strategy you use when playing it).

The 1st thing you must do is get your hands on more supporters. The theme deck only comes with one, Cheren, which is fairly weak. I would Expect most decks to run between 12-16 supporter cards, nearly all with 4 Professor Junipers & at least 2 Colress & 2 N. These are a few of the staples for deck building. Other Cards you would see in almost every deck are Pokemon Catcher & Ultra Balls, which you should also consider investing in.
Luckily 2x Professor Juniper, Pokemon Catcher & Ultra Ball are all available one of the new theme decks from Plasma blast called 'Solar Strike', it also comes with both Blastoise & Suicune which you mentioned you thought about adding. I would recommend that you bought a couple of these theme decks and allow your deck to begin to evolve with the introduction of these new cards.

Also I have to recommend that if you cant/ don't want to introduce these new cards into your deck then since you are already running fighting energy that Sawk (Plasma Blast) is an excellent budget attacker, especially when paired with silver bangle.

Back