• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Need help with a Kingdra/Yanmega decklist

ZachH

Teching Professor
I'm working on a Kingdra Prime + Yanmega Prime snipe deck.
Right now I'm working with a skeleton list I have build but I want some ideas for it.

Pokemon: (21)
4-4 Yanmega Prime
4-2-4 Kingdra Prime/Kingdra UL
2 Cleffa
1 Tyrogue

T/S/S: (27)
Dual Ball x4
Judge x4
Copycat x4
Junk Arm x4
Pokemon Reversal x3
Pokemon Communication x4
Rare Candy x3
Flower Shop Lady x1

Energy: (12)
Rainbow x4
Rescue x4
Water x4

The point is to set up a Yanmega and Kingdra Prime T2 and snipe a basic for 50 in hopes of stoping an opponent from setting up. Late game you just continue use Yanmega as the primary attacker.
Kingdra UL is used to OHKO a Reshiram, Donphan and anything else with a water weakness.

Most Kingdra/Yanmegas run Jirachi to devolve damaged Stage 1 and 2's to get a prize. You can try that over Flower Shop Lady. Your deck runs supporters that at no time you'd rather have Flower Shop Lady for. The consistency of your deck will make up for any necessity to recover cards to your deck.

Play 2 Jirachi, your energy line could be like this 4 Psy, 4 Rainbow(But our list is much different). Dual Ball is unnecessary. 4 Junk Arm's overkill, me and Dylan L(4th Nats Masters this year) got away with 2. I recommend a tech line whether that be

MagneZone
Blissey Prime
Ambipom(TU Judge then Astonish)
Zoruark
Boufalant(w/ 2 DCE, also works with Jirachi)

All the help I can give you, seeing as how Dylan's playing the deck for worlds.

What' so great about Kingdra with Yanmega? o_O Why not go for Kingdra/Mandibuzz, or Yanmega/Vileplume?
So you could completely disrupt their trainers well disrupting with Yanmega when need be.
(Mismagius as a secondary/primary attacker, Jirachi to criple their stage 2s for a bit)

and I guess Mandibuzz and Kingdra for T2 set up to snipe for 60.

Just my thoughts.

^^I believe he teched in blissey prime because of the low energy requirements of this deck.

Bwaaaa

Zangoose said:
Play 2 Jirachi, your energy line could be like this 4 Psy, 4 Rainbow(But our list is much different). Dual Ball is unnecessary. 4 Junk Arm's overkill, me and Dylan L(4th Nats Masters this year) got away with 2. I recommend a tech line whether that be

MagneZone
Blissey Prime
Ambipom(TU Judge then Astonish)
Zoruark
Boufalant(w/ 2 DCE, also works with Jirachi)

All the help I can give you, seeing as how Dylan's playing the deck for worlds.

Yea like I said it was just a skeleton list.
So if no Dual Ball should I run 4 Collector? and I'll mess around with the tech lines. Thank You.

deepcr0w said:
What' so great about Kingdra with Yanmega? o_O Why not go for Kingdra/Mandibuzz, or Yanmega/Vileplume?
So you could completely disrupt their trainers well disrupting with Yanmega when need be.
(Mismagius as a secondary/primary attacker, Jirachi to criple their stage 2s for a bit)

and I guess Mandibuzz and Kingdra for T2 set up to snipe for 60.

Just my thoughts.

I see where you're coming from and I guess the reason I personally find Kingdra/Yanmega appealing is that the Yanmega can snipe without the Kingdra making it a little faster than Mandibuzz.
And as for Mono-Green Control (Yanmega/Vileplume) I have a solid list to work with already so I don't need that much help with it.
Thanks for sharing your opinion!

bwaaaa said:
^^I believe he tecked in blissey prime because of the low energy requirements of this deck.

Bwaaaa

It makes sense but I'm not to worried about healing. Thanks though.

Back