Need some opinions on this...

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
What kind of look are you going for?

Is it meant to be a ghostly-seethrough pokemon, and is the moon part of the pokemon? or does it like, hover around him.

And would it be possible to upload a larger version of the picture to look at?

IMO, as it is, it looks okay. Probably needs a solid outline, but I dunno.

Dark Blue with a yellow moon looks good. If you imagine this pokemon drawn and coloured like a cartoon, I think the current colour scheme is quite fitting.

Good job =D

~Secretsmeargle

edit: would it be okay for me to draw up some pics of this pokemon? I like the design a lot. Simple, yet cool.

Abhorsen

Offically retired
IF Castform's in D/P, they should do a Rock-type Castform to go with Sandstorm. Maybe they'll come up with other 5-turn effect attacks and put Castform in to have variety. Who knows, a MoonLight Castform sounds cool to be in the game, it could be Ghost or Dark type.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Heh, I'm all for (D). Mainly because I've already designed a Ghost. =P

If you see Jordan anytime soon, he helped me design these things year before last.

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Jordan at SGC? If that's who you're talking about i'll probably see him tomorrow at league if he comes.

Maybe we should have a Castform designing competition...? 1 Castform for each type and members vote for the best ones? Well Normal, Fire, Water and Ice are already taken (and now Dark) but i'm sure the rest wouldnt be That hard...

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Cool, I like the designs of the Castforms. You could probably do Poison-type Castform in a Sludge pile, much like a Grimer but with the Castform head-thing. I really have no idea of another way to do a psychic type Castform since no visual picture comes to mind when I think about it.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Sludge Castform? Yeah.. I guess.. although IMO smog, as a weather condition, would be a better choice, but that's just me.

I'm hoping against hope that in Diamond and Pearl, there's 17 Castforms, and a move called "Temperamental Weather" (XP) that changes Castform randomly. That'd make for a very fun Pokemon to use. =D

Abhorsen

Offically retired
I personally think that the Smog-Castform should go to the Ghost type one. What else is a Smog-like state than a Ghost? :p

I also reckon Lightning-Castform should have the head on top and the thunder-cloud underneath the head with a Lightning Bolt coming out the top of the head (or something similar). That's how I pictured an Electric-Castform for some reason...

If Castform could use an attack Tempermental Weather and switch between 17 types, that would indeed be awesome. Imagine how funny it could be to see all the Castforms which look stupid... How could you do a Flying or Bug type Castform, lol :D

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Abhorsen said:
I personally think that the Smog-Castform should go to the Ghost type one. What else is a Smog-like state than a Ghost? :p

I also reckon Lightning-Castform should have the head on top and the thunder-cloud underneath the head with a Lightning Bolt coming out the top of the head (or something similar). That's how I pictured an Electric-Castform for some reason...

If Castform could use an attack Tempermental Weather and switch between 17 types, that would indeed be awesome. Imagine how funny it could be to see all the Castforms which look stupid... How could you do a Flying or Bug type Castform, lol :D
[Originally posted: 7 Jan 2006]

Smog = Poison, Fog = Ghost. There, done. =P *brutally massacred*

I actually tried designing a Flying type, but the only weather condition I can think of to go with it is Gust, and that's too much like Twister (Dragon, I'd say). Heh. Bug's something I don't think anyone would bother with. XD

~o~

I dunno how I should be doing this, so I deleted the old post and replaced it with a new one. I dunno if that's allowed, though..

I tried upping the opacity and adding outlines, turned out okay I think. I think. >_>

I'm not sure, but I think I might like the things without outlines, 'cause it gives a bit more of a fantasy feel, but whatever.

Moonlight Castform, more opacity, with outlines

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
Interesting. All of those different Castforms are truly interesting.

Imagine the possibilities of making fake cards!

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
I saw this at your deviantart awhile back, but somehow missed this topic. Really nice, simple design. But for some reason it dosen't look like a transformation. All of the originals had so much extra flair on them, you could tell in an instant what form they were, for some reason this is lacking that. But, regardless, really nice work. I kinda like the idea of the 17 castform and Tepremental Weather attack idea, hope they try something like that...

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
I am using all 4 known castforms in my deck if there are 17 i have to use 1 of each and probably buy a thousand booster packs. Besides u forgot a steel type