TCG Fakes Neo Destiny Revival

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! I am quite an old collector myself and recently I was inspired by ILKCMP and got into faking. My favourite sets were Neo Destiny, Aquapolis, and Skyridge, but Neo Destiny certainly was most memorable and creative since it was the only set that introduced Light Pokemon and the first set to include Shining Pokemon. So I decided to create a set just for fun. Of course, although I do play the TCG, I wasn't into it back then and I have no idea of game balance back then. This set is solely for visual purposes. Oh, and just a reminder, I am not an artist or a experienced faker, so my work will be no where near amazing as most of the works in this forum! I will deeply appreciate all of your comments and advice on this project!

Awesome blanks and symbol sheet by ILKCMP.
Illustration credits on the card.
Holo sheet by aschefield101.
All works done by photoshop.
Also checkout the updating set for all cards:
Code:
https://sta.sh/26hsrwmhw7u?edit=1

A couple cards:

def0kqp-6cb5f789-f88c-43f2-903f-2ee4e3a719b7.png
def0qk7-bb466df0-453c-4292-b156-e7b786a14423.png
def18i4-256a267a-1e62-4eb2-890f-44e03c48e685.png
def2som-80f5d930-5d8d-4eec-bd63-0ae4df84d2fc.png
def3c7q-cc4ec5c8-a346-485a-8f61-0bf5a8eb04a6.png

Important: For high resolution image, please zoom in or download image as the images are quite large. All of my works are available in my DA account.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Welcome AT! You can add an image like so:

defc0gf-a0b8d8d9-6fb9-4822-8519-5be152229577.png

Code:
[IMG]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/e17ce820-1ee1-4fba-8773-78fc3e839be4/defc0gf-a0b8d8d9-6fb9-4822-8519-5be152229577.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTE3Y2U4MjAtMWVlMS00ZmJhLTg3NzMtNzhmYzNlODM5YmU0XC9kZWZjMGdmLWEwYjhkOGQ5LTZmYjktNDgyMi04NTE5LTViZTE1MjIyOTU3Ny5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.K16SrXQ4d-cGI9XdEDrTLYO4Uhd-ClBqX_ilmHc9d8I[/IMG]

So how do you get that link? Well it's pretty easy - just go to the card's page (https://www.deviantart.com/sadra1124/art/Light-Omanyte-Neo-Destiny-Revival-17-872281167), right click the card and open in a new tab, and copy the url. Simples!

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Hi BBninjas thanks a lot for letting me know!

Sorry I still have a problem, it says my content is spam like, and contains inappropriate elements,and I cannot submit.

47bennyg

Hmmmm
Nice! Really like the art styles you chose and the cards are definitely reminiscent of Neo Era.

If you want to be true to Neo-era wording, change out where you say "this Pokemon" and put that Pokemon's name there instead (happens in Eevee's power and Espeon's Last Resort). Also don't forget the é in Pokémon!

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Nice! Really like the art styles you chose and the cards are definitely reminiscent of Neo Era.

If you want to be true to Neo-era wording, change out where you say "this Pokemon" and put that Pokemon's name there instead (happens in Eevee's power and Espeon's Last Resort). Also don't forget the é in Pokémon!

Hi, 47Bennyg! Thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately, I already made around 30 cards and I did not leave PSD backup, which is sad. I will definitely change that in the future! The only reason that I did not upload the remaining cards is there is something wrong here and I cannot upload my images. If you are interested, you can check out my Deviant art account: Sadra1124 before this issue is solved!

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I haven't looked at every card yet, but from what I've seen so far, there are few things:

1) The way Eevee's Power is written, you can attach Psychic energy and evolve it to Umbreon!! Lol
2) There is a lack of draw power on most cards.
3) I feel like there's too much text in some attacks. I think it complicates and confuses the game.
4) If there is enough Metal energy attached to Dark Steelix, it is invincible!
5) Remember to capitalize Special Condition, Active, Defending, Benched, Basic, and Baby Pokemon.
6) Use numerals for multiple coin flips.

P.s. Neo Revelation is the first set to feature Shining Pokemon, not Destiny. Just a minor correction. Perhaps you should include some in your set?

Last edited:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't looked at every card yet, but from what I've seen so far, there are few things:

1) The way Eevee's Power is written, you can attach Psychic energy and evolve it to Umbreon!! Lol
2) There is a lack of draw power on most cards.
3) I feel like there's too much text in some attacks. I think it complicates and confuses the game.
4) If there is enough Metal energy attached to Dark Steelix, it is invincible!
5) Remember to capitalize Special Condition, Active, Defending, and Benched Pokemon.
6) Use numerals for multiple coin flips.

P.s. Neo Revelation is the first set to feature Shining Pokemon, not Destiny. Just a minor correction. Perhaps you should include some in your set?

Thank you very much for your reply and advice! Sorry, I actually can't find the Neo era ruling book so I am just imitating the wording from most of the existing cards, plus adding interesting effects. As you can see, a lot of my Pokemon in my set have special counters, so wording can be a bit complicated (ref: Neo Genesis Quilava). Also, a lot of wording from actual cards are a bit overkill as well (ref: Neo Genesis Togetic, Team Rocket Drak Golbat, and many more, especially those that involve bench Pokemon or coin flips). If there is a Neo era ruling book, that would be really great and I can definitely reduce my text.

I totally forgot the capitalization! Thanks!

I am also a bit confused about the power level at the neo era. It seems that there are many UP and OP cards, taking a look at them. I thought that in that era, metal energies were special energies so you could only put four of them in your deck? It may also be difficult to search them out as there were no cards that could search out special energies.
But I am not sure, I could totally be wrong!

The set is still updating, I will definitely include shinies;)! My mistakes on Neo revelation though.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I thought that in that era, metal energies were special energies so you could only put four of them in your deck?

Oh, yeah. You're right about the Metal energy thing. Never mind what I said about Steelix then. (I edited my post.)

There are real cards that may seem overkill in text, but each attack usually focuses on ONE aspect or effect or action. Some of your attacks have multiple effects in one attack, some of which I feel is unnecessary (like Charmeleon's first attack regarding Fire types, or Omastar putting the opponent to sleep).

Also, Neo Genesis Quilava is the only card that references Char counter, and I believe it is the only special counter in the Neo era. However, you have like more than 3 special counters! :p Adding these to damage counters, special conditions, and coins, the playing field is very crowded!

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, yeah. You're right about the Metal energy thing. Never mind what I said about Steelix then. (I edited my post.)

There are real cards that may seem overkill in text, but each attack usually focuses on ONE aspect or effect or action. Some of your attacks have multiple effects in one attack, some of which I feel is unnecessary (like Charmeleon's first attack regarding Fire types, or Omastar putting the opponent to sleep).

Also, Neo Genesis Quilava is the only card that references Char counter, and I believe it is the only special counter in the Neo era. However, you have like more than 3 special counters! :p Adding these to damage counters, special conditions, and coins, the playing field is very crowded!

About the effects, you are spot on;). To be honest, I am a bit tired of the TCG just printing effectless and vanilla attacks, which are wasting the beautiful artwork that the artists have made. Of course, I totally understand that from a gaming perspective, it would be very difficult to balance both aesthetics and power, especially due to the the mechanics of PTCG and the large cardpool. Maybe I am focusing too much of the collecting aspect, and I am too naive.:)

Regarding the WoTC era, like I said in my first post, I absolutely know nothing about the game. When the new sets came out, all I did was buy booster boxes and put those cards in sleeves, and admire the cards from time to time. As you can see, I really like the card style of the Neo era and E series: simple, elegant, and exquisite. However, many cards printed during this era had serious misalignment issues and the effects of attacks were quite boring and repetitive. Around a month ago, I happened to stumble upon a very large fanmade neo set: neo redux, made by ILKCMP. Deeply inspired by that set, I decided to make my own neo destiny set. I wish that I could include interesting and creative attacks, and include the best artwork, just like ILKCMP did. Of course, I really wish that the cards in the set would be neither underpowered or overpowered and make a good balance between aesthetics and gameplay. It would be really great if you could provide me some insight about the gameplay back then.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
50 cards in the sta.sh link! Great thanks to bbb888 and 47bennyg for their corrections on wording. The newest cards (from 40 to 50) have been fixed. I did not fix the previous 40 cards because I did not have backup and I did not have time to do them all over again, and the wordings were minor mistakes so I will just leave them that way.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
60 cards in the sta.sh link! After some consideration, I decided that this set will be the ONLY set that I will work on and will get updated with the release of each generation and I will try to include every Pokemon in this set, just like the neo redux set.

I did not enter the competitive TCG until XY and was just a collector back then. I found it quite hard to grasp the power level or even just gain a good understanding of the
game back then. Therefore, I decided to create a power level of my own in this set as well as incorporating some elements in other eras.

There might be minor wording errors throughout as I am experimenting with multiple effects. But I am quite pleased with the aesthetics of this set!

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
deh8mkc-5845d38a-26b3-4db6-967a-695339bcbff5.png

deh8mlp-831bd8c1-a224-4164-9fbf-1f8a779ddd53.png

deh8mmk-5b885eb0-1496-43f9-9e08-3d89a465865a.png

deh8mo2-5b944f44-9701-4b3c-a9dd-58838b77058b.png

deh8mpj-22bb2c80-4b12-4cf7-8faf-5c39f0826fcf.png

deh8mqf-b6f49557-f782-4a26-9454-a359e7149462.png

degc678-9df929d1-6502-4612-bdd0-43c97b82f45e.png

70 cards completed at the moment. The Turtwig and Grotle cards used the new high resolution blanks by ILKCMP. The other cards were created at an earlier date so their resolution is a bit lower. All future cards will be made with the new high resolution blanks.

Last edited:

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Have Dark and Light Pokèmon specific powers and differences?
Or "Dark" and "Light" are just names?

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
dehbeez-aef891d7-a91a-44d5-acfc-c747def826ea.png

dehbegn-918970bb-08c5-4c47-83c2-50ac2b695207.png

dehbej9-6ed64602-7e06-4092-b9e5-c8913ba122c1.png

dehbekh-f2b89eef-1666-4943-a08a-0e2b1aab82fa.png

deh94ek-257e96d9-7f3d-4a34-ae4d-f9060967ae80.png
dehbekh-f2b89eef-1666-4943-a08a-0e2b1aab82fa.png

5 more for today. Hope you like them.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Have Dark and Light Pokèmon specific powers and differences?
Or "Dark" and "Light" are just names?
Dark Pokemon have lower HP but more aggressive attacks. Light Pokemon have higher HP but weaker attacks. The Light mechanic was introduced in the original Neo Destiny set and was the only set to have Light Pokemon whereas Dark Pokemon first appeared in Team Rocket set and was present in many sets.

LccSaultyFish

Aspiring Trainer
Awesome blanks and symbol sheet by ILKCMP.
Illustration credits on the card.
Holo sheet by aschefield101.
All works done by photoshop.
Also checkout the updating set for all cards:

is there any possibility that sharing the holo sheet? I am a chinese guy who is addicted to pokemon cards and trying fake now

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
is there any possibility that sharing the holo sheet? I am a chinese guy who is addicted to pokemon cards and trying fake now
Hi, LccSaultyFish, thanks for your kind words. You can find all the resources in the 'Faking Resources and Help' thread in the 'Creative Works' section. The holosheet that I use is the galaxy holosheet in the 'neo era' section. Please let me know if this helps! Happy faking:).