Ruling Neo Genesis slowking

It's broken. Power: If Slowking is in play (WOtC refused to errata it), when your opponent plays a trainer, flip a coin. If heads, the trainer is cancelled and goes on top of your opponent's deck.

Have a look at the card for your self
(Thank You www.serebii.net)
http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Neo/014-slowking.jpg

In other words, it's cumulitive. Have 4 Slowkings or more than 1, then your opponent must flip a coin for EACH Slowking. That means even 1 heads and you cant play a trainer. Pretty stupid and WotC were even worse when they didnt errata it. I'm glad it has been cycled out.

Yes it was a MASSIVE error which made the game stupid since everyone played Slowking to stop trainers from being played. It was only at Worlds (cant remember which year) which WotC realised that 8/10 decks used Slowking and did something about it.

It's has always been clear to me that Mind Games was mistranslated. In Japan, Slowking had to be active in order to use Mind Games. A similar translation error was made with Shining Raichu; in Japan, you would discard all water energies attached to it, but here in the U.S., you don't discard the energies.

What I still don't understand to this day is why Wizards refused to errata these cards. All indications were very clear that Neo: Genesis Slowking was much too broken in its mistranslated form. It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. I mean, they banned Neo: Genesis Sneasel almost immediately, but did it occur to them that Slowking was even more broken than Sneasel?

Way, Way broken card. Even 1 is destructive, 1 slowking 50-50 chance, 2 slowking 25% of getting a heads, 3 12.5% and 6.25%for 4 slowkings.

I had a feraligatr(Riptide) deck winning a guy and then 2 slowking came out and lost evetually.

so mad that day

Thanks everyone, I now know what it does, this thread can be locked so others can still refer to it, but not post the same answer again and again.....

Here in Argentina the 99% of the deck's was made of slowking, in every tournament i played i told everybody that slowking's power was wrong, but noone believe me!! Years later i read this, YEA!! IM NOT CRAZY!!!

Back