• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

New 6 Corners Deck (Terrakion, Victini, Mewtwo Ex, Shaymin, others)

Do you think this deck would be?

• Tier 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tier 2

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Tier 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tokyovampire

Aspiring Trainer
Basically this deck's main goal is to punish people for using one of the top 3 Tier 1 Decks. Those being Zek/Eels, CMT, and Durant. I'm trying to get people to play rogue! While some may argue those as being the Top 3 that is what I saw most at Ohio's States tourney. The Goal behind the deck is to hit for weakness but rather than cover all types I decided to only focus on countering what I would expect to find in the Big 3 any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the Deck List

Pokemon (18)
2x Tornadus EP (Quick Hitter Energy Maintainance(
2x Victini NV-15 (V Create) Hit Durant for 200 dmg for two Energy
2x Terriakion NV (Hit Zek/Eels For Weakness 1 shot Zek Ex)
2x Virizion NV (Hit Opponents Terrakion techs and Straight Terrakion decks for weakness, + Double Draw)
2x Pichu (Flood your bench for VIctini + make your opponent get everything out for you to hit for weakness)
2x Celebi Prime TM (Energy Acceleration)
1x Shaymin UL (Move Energy Around)
1x Shaymin EX (Late Game Recovery + Weakness on Terrakion)
1x Mewtwo EX (Revenge Kill Mewtwo)
1x Regigigas EX (Excellent Counter against Mewtwo EX because Mewtwo has to 2HKO it unless you are fully equipped and he drops 5 Energy on his Mewtwo and if he hits Regi once you can likely 1HKO Mewtwo)
1x Kyurem EX Hit Reshiphosion/Boar for Weakness (It shows up just enough to be used in the deck)
1x Coballion (Counter Mewtwo with Resistance + Stall)

T/S/S (26)
4x Junk Arm
4x Professor Juniper (Speedy Set Up/ Possible Donk set up)
3x Catcher
3x Skyarrow (Celebi, Free Retreat on Several Attackers)
3x PONT
2x N (Durant effective as you put several cards back in the deck + disruption)
2x Switch
1x Dual Ball
1x Super Rod
1x Interviewers
1x Pokegear 3.0
1x PlusPower

Energy (16)
4{C}{C}
4 Prism
2x Rainbow
6{G}

9 attackers is very steep. I like the idea, but with only 6 [G] and 2 Celebi, you're going to want to have more Energy in hand and be able to drop every turn, which is a little tough with the way the deck is spread. With the acceleration engine it's best to leave that to its archetype, just in my opinion.

Still, props to anyone who can run a 6C deck and make it work well.

In order to make the deck work how its set up now what would you recommend? Perhaps -1 Kyurem EX & - 1 Regigigas EX for 2 more grass energy, or would it be a better idea to drop celebi altogether for Electrode Prime? I am hesitant to run Electrode because I hate giving away free prizes. Which pokemon I will play will be dependent upon the matchup. So I wont need to run all of the attackers. Also I could probably go -1 Kyruem EX & -1 Gigas for +1 Coballion and + 1 Mewtwo. Thoughts on how I could improve this deck into something remotely competitve?

-1 interviewer's
+1 Dual ball
+1 plus power / catcher

+1 mewtwo ex
-2 Victini
-1 Regigigas ex
+1 coballion
+1 Zekrom
-2 Pichu

-1 Sky arrow
+2 seeker

I really wonder if this deck could work. Play the zekrom for durrants, playing victini forces you to have full bench, which imo, your full bench will be full of catcher baits. Keep the kyurem ex, it helps with tyram/emboar ex

Try more mew twos as counters and because it can help in a mew two war. So
-2 pichu (helps your opponent. Rather have celebi in active for energy acceleration)
-1 interviewers (getting out energies won't be a problem)
-2 rainbow (I think prism and the others might be enough)
-1 regigigas EX (I don't think it is really needed because it needs 4 energy to attack and is weak to fighting)

+3 dual balls (get out pokemon)
+2 mewtwo EX (since MTC is so good)
+1 terrakion (since zekeels is popular)

Also something I would add would be plus power to OHKO easier if the opponent has any eviolites, etc.

What if I condensed the attackers and used 4 Switch and 4 Junk Arm to make up for the catcher bait that my bench would be thank to Pichu

Pokémon (16)
3x Victini (V-Create)
3x Terrakion NV
3x Coballion NV (Counter Mewtwo)
2x Pichu
1x Shaymin UL
1x Mewtwo EX
1x Virizion NV (Mainly for Double Draw)/ Tyrogue(OHKO Tynamo for no energy)
1-1 Electrode Prime

T/S/S (28)
4x Junk Arm
4x Switch
4x New Theory
4x N
3x Eviolite
3x Catcher
2x Level Ball (Search out Pichu Turn 1) or Victini, Shaymin)
1x Twins (Works with Electrode)
1x Pluspower
1x Lost Remover (DCE in MCT and Eels, Sp. Metal in Durant)
1x Super Rod

Energy (16)
4x Prism
4x Special Metal
4x Fighting
2x Fire
1x DCE
1x Metal

If not, then I will try the build by dropping -2 victini, - 2 pichu -1 gigas, -1 interviewers, - 1 rainbow for
+ 3 Dual Ball , + 1 Mewtwo EX, +1 Coballion, + 1 Zekrom, + 1 terrakion

Back