• no, too many

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk
hey the new attack thread is working out so i thought i might make a thread on new abillities. this would be for pokemon already known/possible evos and if its ok, the dream world alternate abilities. my ideas:
aquatic-stab water moves
esp- same but for psy, etc
viral-poison point for rats
beginners luck-higher chance of critical hits
corrosion-can poisn steel types
graceful-no recoil or entry hazard damage
aerodynamic-prevents whirlwind/
pure hearted-prevents taunt etc
bulletproof-prevents priority moves
nocturnal-ups accuracy and evasivness
mind breacher-sp atk intimidate
nosy-checks users stats/moves
picky-only hit by stab moves
greedy-items do double the use
ya i have a ton of ideas but what about you?

RE: new abilities

Nocturnal sounds like a pretty decent ability along with corrosion and greedy. Picky would be way to good to be an ability though.

I love your corrosion ability! I only have two ideas for abilities!

Permafrost - Halves the damage of fire attacks on ice types.
Landscape - Rids the field of Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and the other types of moves that linger on the field. Except moves like Sandstorm or Hail!

I can't think of others right now!

jstar18 said:
I love your corrosion ability! I only have two ideas for abilities!

Permafrost - Halves the damage of fire attacks on ice types.
Landscape - Rids the field of Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and the other types of moves that linger on the field. Except moves like Sandstorm or Hail!

I can't think of others right now!

I'm pretty sure you could get away with more effects for Permafrost--look at Thick Fat.

Here's one: Lust.

Effect: increases the immobilization rate when the opponent is under the effects of infatuation-inducing moves like Attract.

Or, how about: Passion.

Effect: the power of any move is increased upon succession. So, the first time Hitmonchan uses Mach Punch, base power = 40, the second use yields a base power of 60. This effect would cap out after 2 or 3 uses of a move and reset.

your abilities sund really nice. i figured picky would be a little to strong but it could be on a normal type and most people have a move that matches their type. sunny day is barely used compared to raindance so they could have a move/ability that made it night time. sunny day would undo it. also some other abilities:
snowfall-rumored already but goes with
quicksand-prevents switchouts and does damage when a pokemon does an attack
outsmart-increases opposite stat (if a foe increases attack, user would increase def)

sweet. which stats? maybe attack and sp atk? also for the two legends:
zekrom-elc moves do atleast neutral damage(ie on ground and steel) that way it never does not very effective damage
reshiram-i have no idea:)
how about an ability that summons rain or sun(perhaps rain solar aura?) groudon and kyogre could get orbs that increase theyre abilities....
intense sunlight-burns pokemon not fire grass or helped by sunlight. thunder gets 25 acc and solarbeam gets a 15 boost
flood warning-does damage to non water pokemon/electric. solarbeam takes 2 turns to charge and thunder doubles in pp.
why not do this to all the pressure legends?

Well photosynthesesis produces glucose, the plants energy, but that would mean probably hp. That would be quite boring. It could be speed, but we have chlorophyll for that.

then maybe like rain dish and increase maybe def or sp def?
also how about contaigous? when the user has a status, it can pass the status along to foes each turn.
for some legends:
outsmart for mewtwo
articuno-frostwind! can freeze a pokemon after any turn or when hit
zapdos-hypervoltage can hit ground types/may hit a pokemon randomly with thunder shock or thunderbolt
moltres-sacrificual flames maxs out sp and regular attack but lowers def and sp def each turn/or just a life orb

ya but its limited to psychic pokemon. i figured more pokemon would have access to more pokemon. also would go along with my move vaccinate which would heal a status then prevent it. also some useless ones like stench could cause poison or something.

Unfortunately there are so many different abilities that I don't know what does and doesn't exist :(. So if this next "idea" hasn't been done before, then great! If it has already been done, just disregard :). Anyway, how about one (can't think of a name) that, when your opponent gives your pokemon a status condition, there is a 25% chance that your opponent will automatically receive the same condition afterwards :D. Again, sorry if it's been done before! ;)

Yes it is. i figured it would go on a baby pokemon so it isn't overpowered. What about mystify-automatic fog and mist? Another idea is luminous, which would tie in to my night theme. it would sharply lower evqasivness at night but also sharply increase its accuracy. Or now that i think about it, why not upgrade illuminate?

Most ideas have been said already, such as:

Stalwart/Pure Hearted - ignores any moveset modifiers, such as Disable, Taunt, Imprison, Encore, etc. Choice items don't do anything.
Vigilant - prevents Thief, Covet, Knock Off, Trick, Switcheroo
Envy - copies the foes held item. Resets on re-entry.
Dismantle - Ignores Protect and Endure. Does not ignore Detect.
Corrosion - Steel loses its immunity to poison
Faze/Unsettle/Mind Breacher - Lowers opponent's Special Attack
Defuse/Landscape - Removes any arena traps, provides immunity to Leech Seed.
Dark Matter - Activates Gravity. The effect disappears three turns after the user has left the field.
Eddy - Activates a Tailwind. The effect disappears three turns after the user has left the field.
Brighten - Activates Sunny Day. Effect disappears three turns after user has left the field, five if user is holding a heat rock.
Darken - Activates Rain. Effect disappears three turns after user has left the field, five if user is holding a damp rock.
Float - Automatic Magnet Rise. Passes on to the next teammate if user is knocked out, dissapears if user switches out.
Rude Awakening - If frozen, or forced to sleep (i.e Not Rest), the user's five stats are boosted by one stage when it wakes up/defrosts.
Jetstream - If a weather condition is in effect, this ability changes the weather type randomly each turn.
Grounding - Flying types and Levitators are unable to switch out.
Illuminate - alongside increasing encounters, it now increases accuracy of the user by 20%
Stall - alongside making the user move last, it now gives the user a 20% boost in attack and special attack.
Pick up - a small chance of picking up an item Knocked off in battle (just for novelty)
Transform - The user automatically transforms into its opponent. (For Ditto)

Already said faze and corrosion. All of your ideas sound great and could be really useful. Also for some new abilities:
novice-Will gain more experience points (like an experience share). It will also reduce stats of the foe by 1. This would be for a small or baby pokemon though.
friendly-Say you are battling the same pokemon you have in a double/triple battle. As long as another pokemon is capeable of hitting it, neither pokemon can directly attack the other.

NDenizen said:
Transform - The user automatically transforms into its opponent. (For Ditto)

All of these sound great, but that Transform one bothers me. Like, what will become of the move, and Ditto's move? Every mon has to have at least one move.

I'd like to see one that is like Lightningrod for Bug-types, and harms the user of the attack in the process: Bug Zapper (maybe for Dentula)

overcharge and underdog=blaze/torrent/overgrow for electric and fighting respectively
adrenalaine(spelling)=doubles speed and attack on the first turn this pokerman is in battle, and doubles them when hp is very low(like 1/8 or 1/16)

edit: frost or chill=cuts the speed of grass, bug, fighting, and dragon types in half

tyrannitard said:
overcharge and underdog=blaze/torrent/overgrow for electric and fighting respectively
adrenalaine(spelling)=doubles speed and attack on the first turn this pokerman is in battle, and doubles them when hp is very low(like 1/8 or 1/16)

edit: frost or chill=cuts the speed of grass, bug, fighting, and dragon types in half

Adrenaline sounds like a very good ability. The first affect is kind of like the reverse of slow start. (which had no purpose at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back