New Banner Techniques

George2FRESH

Haters.
Well, after trying for so many months, I think I got it down.

My banners before were o.k, but there was something I didn't like. I think it was just taking pictures, putting them on a banner, making them look nice, giving them the "Copy and Paste" affect. But I've been practicing and I think I finally got down the technique that inspired me to photoshop in the first place. Check it out, lmk what you think by rating each banner. Thanks!

My banners BEFORE:
MagmortarEmpoBannerpsd.png

AshKetchumBanner.png

DarkraiBanner.jpg

After Practicing:
MagmortarBanner.png

TOWTruckBanner.png

DarkraiBanner-1.png

See the difference? Kinda learned how to blend in the pictures with the background. Some of you may already know how to do this, but hey, I didn't lol.

I also tried, animating banners. I animate a lot of avatars but haven't tried it with banners. Along with making the main point of the picture, bigger than the banner. Like this..

DarkNLight-Banner.gif

So yea, lmk what you guys think. And also, if you like em, and want one, don't hesitate to stop by my shop and make a request. :D

Thanks!
-G2F

The photoshop I have comes with Image ready. It takes A LOT of time, but it's all worth it in the end. Thanks for the compliments!

George2FRESH said:
The photoshop I have comes with Image ready. It takes A LOT of time, but it's all worth it in the end. Thanks for the compliments!
I see, it's on the ImageReady. Okay thanks! I'll try when I have more time.:)
You deserve our compliments.:)

I must say G2F, you've really come along way in such a short amount of time (since PC2 started). I love the style of your newer banners - you found a really good mix of effects and font. Keep up the good work.

Noob Sandwich said:
I must say G2F, you've really come along way in such a short amount of time (since PC2 started). I love the style of your newer banners - you found a really good mix of effects and font. Keep up the good work.

Well, that's the result when you're an artist, you're stuck at home while all your friends are at school, so your only friend is Photoshop lol. Thanks bro, really appreciate the compliments

I was inspired by your works and tried to make a banner myself. But it is unoriginal.:( I'll try to make a new one later.

Those look really good.

Practice + Tutorials + Time = greatness.

Every time I create a new image, I learn a new tech, so keep on working to get even better!

iandavidvinoya said:
I was inspired by your works and tried to make a banner myself. But it is unoriginal.:( I'll try to make a new one later.

lol I can see that by looking at your sig. Don't worry man, just keep trying, keep practicing, soon you'll find a style that fits you and that you like doing.

meowth14 said:
I love all of your banners. They're so cool!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! :D

sacred_guyver said:

Those look really good.

Practice + Tutorials + Time = greatness.

Every time I create a new image, I learn a new tech, so keep on working to get even better!

I know what you mean. I always teach myself or learn something new with everything I make.

Back