Ruling New TCG Player.

marchofthepiplup

Aspiring Trainer
I have a question about basic pokemon. How many different pokemon can you have in your deck( excluding evolutions)? For example , would it be possible to have : chimchar, chansey, turtwig, mudkip, numel, mew, jirachi (and all accompanying evolutions) in your deck. Just for the record, that is not my deck, I just came up with them off the fly.

No. There is no limit to how many different Pokemon you can have in your deck. But, you can only have 4 of One Specific Pokemon.

you can have as many pokemon as you like, you can even bring evolution cards without having its basic form.
of course this is not very useful.
i recomend to you just use 3 evolution chains, no more than one that contains stage 2.
remember that the more same pokemon you have, the more the chances of getting one of them out.
i also recomend to you have a minimum of 10 basics.
good luck!

wow that question is fun...
i think, yes you can put them all in the deck if you like but they won't be playable. It would just look like a fun deck that has 60 different pokemon inside it. but if your talking about piece by piece you can have upto 4 max copies of one card.

EX: 4 chimchar, 4 charmander, 4 cyndaquil, 4 torchic

Back