old boxes

What box should I buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LucarioLegend

PLATINUM
HEY GUYS!! It has been a long time since I posted something.....I have turned into a collector of cards so I was just wondering what old booster box should I buy?

Base Set

Team Rocket

Gym Challenge

Gym Heros

So vote and tell why.

I would say Fossil if that was an option, but if not, go for Base Set. Especially if you get the box 1st Ed. And it was probably my favourite set. :p

DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE PRICE!!!!!! The average Base Set price is $247.99 so yeh.

Base Set-3

Others-0

P.S. Found 1st edition rocket box for $109.99 really awesome price!!!!

P.S.P.S. I voted for Lou Cypher.

Well, if you get a Rocket Booster, you're almost sure to get one of every card, with the others, a little more risky and probably Impossible with Base. Where as if you go Jungle or Fossil, there's so few cards its almost not worth it because by booster 16 you'll be pulling the exact same cards. But with Gym, I think there's enough cards in it to consider one. I would choose a Gym Heroes or Challenge box, but thats because I have almost the entire set of Base, Jungle, almost all Commons of Fossil and Rocket.
But a 1st Edition Base set would be worth more in the long run, and you have a chance at that elusive Charizard...so I say Gym, but its your call.

Are you collecting 1st and unlimited sets? And on Base what about shadowless? Have you checked availablity on the different boxes? Have you checked prices? These are factors to consider. I think Base might be the best choice, because it might be the hardest to find. Just don't overpay for it.

LucarioLegend said:
DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE PRICE!!!!!! The average Base Set price is $247.99 so yeh.

Base Set-3

Others-0

P.S. Found 1st edition rocket box for $109.99 really awesome price!!!!

P.S.P.S. I voted for Lou Cypher.

Those are terrible prices.

Back