Old magazines

Redstar

Aspiring Trainer
Does anybody collect old magazines? I have a fair collection of both physical and scans for such magazines as Nintendo Power, EGM, Game Informer, GamePro, and Beckett. It's great just flipping back and reading coverage of games before they were popular, or speculation on things that were totally wrong in the end.

What do you guys have? Any reason you still keep them around?

Since trading cards seem to be the larger focus of this site and board, mentions of Beckett, Pojo, Scrye, or other TCG magazines are particularly welcome.

I have over 25 years worth of sports illustrated. I like looking at the old ones, and lol at the predictions they made. I recall one saying the Lakers made a big mistake trading for kobe.

have my first heavy tips and trick's pokemon edition that had walkthrough's and tip's and tricks for pokemon snap, pokemon 64, pokemon yellow, element/weakness charts, tm chart's and a 3 page exert on pokemon itself and my fave the ps2 preview (it was 700$'s then 700!!!) and a few nick nack mags like a few old cosplay mags and comiker mags from japan. cya

ArceusShayminLovr said:
Uuuuh my mother has like 600 National Geographic's but otherwise nothing.

Yeah, my aunt also has lots of National Geographics, some from years back. Some are pretty interesting to read.
WP

varit said:
have my first heavy tips and trick's pokemon edition that had walkthrough's and tip's and tricks for pokemon snap, pokemon 64, pokemon yellow, element/weakness charts, tm chart's and a 3 page exert on pokemon itself and my fave the ps2 preview (it was 700$'s then 700!!!) and a few nick nack mags like a few old cosplay mags and comiker mags from japan. cya
Sounds cool. Have an image for that Pokemon edition?

as I do not have a webcam to show you the terribly damaged cover that only say's tip's n trick's... pokemon.....edition, and has a faded picture of pikachu and venasuar (it's been through alot), sry man. cya

I have a lot of old car magazines which are lying around the house. I sometimes read them, if there is anything interesting in it. I also get magazines that talk about electronic devices. I read it sometimes when I'm really bored or if there are any cool pictures in it. :3

Redstar said:
Does anybody collect old magazines? I have a fair collection of both physical and scans for such magazines as Nintendo Power, EGM, Game Informer, GamePro, and Beckett. It's great just flipping back and reading coverage of games before they were popular, or speculation on things that were totally wrong in the end.

What do you guys have? Any reason you still keep them around?

Since trading cards seem to be the larger focus of this site and board, mentions of Beckett, Pojo, Scrye, or other TCG magazines are particularly welcome.

I have alot of those magazines you mentioned especially Diehard GameFan Magazine, EGM2 Magazine, Scrye, and Game Players Magazine.

Card Slinger J said:
I have alot of those magazines you mentioned especially Diehard GameFan Magazine, EGM2 Magazine, Scrye, and Game Players Magazine.
That's really cool. Why did you decide to keep them after so long?

Back