• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Orellanine [Ninetails/Amoongus]

BluLead

The Nerdiest Pirate You'd Know
Hello once again to everyone!

This deck is a bit of a rogue one, especially in the current Meta. However, I think the strategy is pretty solid. I'd actually like to put this deck to the test in tournaments, despite its weaker power, and I think the Plasma series can really help bring these two back from the grave.

Pokemon - 16
  • 4-4 - Vulpix/Ninetails [Dragon Exalted]
  • 3-3 - Foongus/Amoongus [Next Destinies]
  • 2 - Victini EX/Mewtwo EX/Sableye

Supporters - 12
  • 4 - Professor Juniper
  • 4 - N
  • 2 - Skyla
  • 2 - Colress/Caitlin

Trainers - 22
  • 4 - Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 - Devolution Spray
  • 3 - Level Ball
  • 2 - Switch
  • 2 - Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 - Virbank City Gym
  • 2 - Tool Scrapper
  • 2 - Silver Bangle
  • 1 - Comp Search

Energy - 10
  • 8 - Fire Energy
  • 2 - Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

Standard Ninetails/Amoongus deck strategy, but with a bit of Plasma twist. With the introduction of Hypnotoxic Laser, most would consider Amoongus to be practically defunct. However, I consider Laser to be more of a safety net as opposed to a mover and shaker. Amoongus will ALWAYS guarantee two status effects (poison and confusion) whereas Laser will only guarantee poison and maybe get sleep as a bonus. This allows me to at least have 60 damage from Ninetails (with a +30 to poison damage, due to all the Virbanks out and about).

There are only two noticeable counters to this deck in general (at least within me typing this); Virizion EX and Garbotoxin Garbodor. Tool Scrapper should keep Garbotoxin at bay for awhile, enough to plan out an attack and take out the Garbodor. However, Virizion is a bit more of a daunting foe and for this, I have a few options open. Victini would be a direct counter to Virizion, whereas Mewtwo EX would be a better all around attacker. Sableye would be better as a support, being more of a counter to Garbodor instead. If I decide to pick Sableye, I would swap the DCE with Darkness Energies instead.

Lemme know what you guys think of it, and how it might stand against the sea of EX that roam Tournaments.

Personally, I play this deck and I have slotted in Victini EX for VirGen counters. To supplement it I have also chucked in Victory Piece as my Ace Spec for the quick strike on them which I feel is VITAL. I think you need one more Skyla in here as well, an important card in this deck for when you need that vital card that you just cant seem to draw.. So i'd do this..

- 1 Computer Search
- 1 DCE

+ 1 Victory Piece
+ 1 Skyla

Back