TCG Fakes Paradox Return: Main Expansion

Robin Aisaga

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a theorycraft of a PTCG main set, I've been working on it for the past 3 weeks! I wanted to create a set that I would consider interesting and fun, with less filler cards than usual. Based as I am, I included some of my favourite Pokémon.

About the set:

The set includes over a 100 Pokémon, including ex, Tera and new Radiant Pokémon. With this set all of the paradox Pokémon will have an ex card.
The set would release somewhere after Paradise Dragona/Surging Sparks and the upcoming owner's set. By that time the standard format is S&V only.
I've picked Pokémon who haven't gotten a card very recently or are about to be in one of the new sets. (when they start revealing new cards, this post probably won't age well)
The set includes faces from Pokémon Horizons, it's not something the card game is known for, but I feel like it's an appropriate time to acknowledge the anime and the TCG could use some fresh characters! (Btw, Horizons is unexpectedly awesome and from the looks of it is only getting better. Give it a try if you haven't already.)

Link to the document: Paradox Return Main Expansion

What cards do you like? Do you think anything is too broken? 😅 Let me know what you think!

Some of the Pokémon are the wrong types. Flaaffy and Ampharos are incorrectly labeled as Basic and Stage 1, instead of the correct Stage 1 and Stage 2 respectively. Umbreon is Fighting, instead of the correct Darkness. None of them have Weakness and Resistance.

Some of the Pokémon are the wrong types. Flaaffy and Ampharos are incorrectly labeled as Basic and Stage 1, instead of the correct Stage 1 and Stage 2 respectively. Umbreon is Fighting, instead of the correct Darkness. None of them have Weakness and Resistance.
Umbreon (and a few others) are Tera Pokémon, that's why it's not its usual type. I will add weakness and resistance sometime later.

As for Flaaffy and Ampharos... I forgot... about Mareep's existence

Last edited:
Back