• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Plasmalutions.

Crystal Thomas

Aspiring Trainer
19 Pokemon
  • 4 Eevee PF90
  • 2 Leafeon PF11
  • 1 Flareon PF12
  • 1 Espeon PF48
  • 1 Umbreon PF64
  • 1 Glaceon PF23
  • 2 Audino BC126
  • 2 Deoxys EX PF111
  • 2 Drifloon DR50
  • 2 Drifblim (Debating between Derail, and Shadow Steel.)
32 Trainers
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 1 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Plasma Ball
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Bianca
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer/Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Catcher
9 Energy
  • 3 Plasma Energy
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Blend Energy GRPD
Strategy

**This has had absolutely no testing. Just got back in to the game and did a lot of research.

A lot of the build is based off Flareon.dek, and a few other eevee decks I looked at.

*Deoxys, Vaporeon, and Leafeon are the main attackers. Damage is supplemented by Bangles, Poison damage, Deoxys, and Catcher.

*Espeon shuts down Tool drop.

*Glaceon and Audino are my ways around a lack of switch. Glaceon makes my entire deck retreatless, and Audino heals Sleep/Paralysis. Fuels Flareon.

*Flareon is mostly tech versus metal pokemon.

*It's a debate between Computer Search, and Dowsing Machine. I would like a way to pull Blend Energy from my deck.

Darkrai is going to be the main concern. I have read other players suggesting accepting the difficult Darkrai match up in lieu of more, better match ups. I actually haven't even bought cards/printed proxies out yet, nor have I started playing online yet. I've put this together through pure theorycraft.

Have at, Pokebeach. Point me in the right direction. c:

To me it seems like you have spread yourself a bit thin with your Pokemon? You should rethink about you eevee evolutions?

Would you care to elaborate?

food for thought: I'm considering dropping Vaporeon, and the water energies, and reworking my attacking line. If I drop audino, or deoxys, plus vaporeon+water energy, it frees up room for DCE+an alternate attacking line.

Well I feel as if only 4 eevees and all of the evolutions(especially only having one of some) will make it really hard to get what you need. Maybe take out the ones that you will not use the most or you could add some trainers to help find them, or even add more evolutions to help you get them out fast? I`m just saying, it`s been awhile since i`ve played so i`m going off old experience because I have made decks like this and had trouble with getting the right pokemon.

I'm running a solid search engine for evolutions. Note:

Level and Plasma Ball, Signs of Evolution. Not as solid a search engine as MD-era Eevee had, but it's something.

I want to work in an alternative attacking line. I'm going to drop Vaporeon.

I`m just throwing this out there, but have you thought about running your deck on a online simulator? Are you dropping the water energies as well? You could add another deoxys? Oh and were you keeping audino?

i'm dropping the water energy entirely, as well, leaving 6 slots.

I need to test audino.

I have done 100% zero testing whatsoever. :p Everything is pure theorycraft until i print proxies, and figure out PlayTCG

I suggest focusing on Flareon and taking advantage of Vengeance Early and often. I've been considering a Dark/Fire build with Weavile PLF 66, to put Pokemon into the discard pile even faster, and splashing 1-2 Exeggcute PLF 4 for a recursion-friendly resource. Umbreon is a great support, due to it's HP boost to Plasma Pokemon, and that can affect Weavile as well as Flareon.

Vaporeon and Jolteon are both part of the reason the deck can survive in this EX-heavy format. Gold Breaker hits for 80 to EXs, 110 if you're running Silver Bangle. Arguably the weaker of the two attacks, but it does cut into that huge difference between the small Eeveelutions and a 180 HP EX. Jolteon's Electri-Defuse, however, is a great EX-killer. Yes, it only does 40 damage. But it prevent EXs from attacking, and for any deck other than Keldeo or Darkrai, that means trouble. I know I would get frustrated if I had to waste precious energy retreating a Cobalion EX just because a Jolteon Defused me.

I would probably run a Pokemon list closer to this:
  • 4 Eevee
  • 1 Glaceon
  • 1 Espeon
  • 2 Umbreon
  • 1 Leafeon
  • 2 Jolteon
  • 2 Vaporeon
  • 3 Flareon
  • 3-3 Weavile
  • 2 Exeggcute
That is a lot of Pokemon for a single deck, I do admit, but you want a lot of Pokemon in your discard pile to take full advantage of Vengeance. You'd want to back it up with Trainers like Professor Juniper, Ultra Ball (empties your hand of useless cards and helps fill your discard), and similar hand-affecting cards. This would also require another Super Rod or two to balance out how many Pokemon you're throwing away. I don't really see much of a reason to run Virbank and Hypnotoxic here- I would more likely run Plasma Frigate or Battle City as a neutral stadium, or run no stadium at all and let your opponent do all the Stadium work (In retrospect, this almost seems like the better suggestion. You free up 1-2 slots in your TSS line that can be used for other things). Ace Spec should probably be Computer Search, you want to focus on digging through your deck, not your discard pile.

All in all, you've got a great start. Good luck, and hope this helps.

Shinigami said:
I suggest focusing on Flareon and taking advantage of Vengeance Early and often. I've been considering a Dark/Fire build with Weavile PLF 66, to put Pokemon into the discard pile even faster, and splashing 1-2 Exeggcute PLF 4 for a recursion-friendly resource. Umbreon is a great support, due to it's HP boost to Plasma Pokemon, and that can affect Weavile as well as Flareon.

Vaporeon and Jolteon are both part of the reason the deck can survive in this EX-heavy format. Gold Breaker hits for 80 to EXs, 110 if you're running Silver Bangle. Arguably the weaker of the two attacks, but it does cut into that huge difference between the small Eeveelutions and a 180 HP EX. Jolteon's Electri-Defuse, however, is a great EX-killer. Yes, it only does 40 damage. But it prevent EXs from attacking, and for any deck other than Keldeo or Darkrai, that means trouble. I know I would get frustrated if I had to waste precious energy retreating a Cobalion EX just because a Jolteon Defused me.

[*]4 Eevee
[*]1 Glaceon
[*]1 Espeon
[*]2 Umbreon
[*]1 Leafeon
[*]2 Jolteon
[*]2 Vaporeon
[*]3 Flareon
[*]3-3 Weavile
[*]2 Exeggcute

That is a lot of Pokemon for a single deck, I do admit, but you want a lot of Pokemon in your discard pile to take full advantage of Vengeance. You'd want to back it up with Trainers like Professor Juniper, Ultra Ball (empties your hand of useless cards and helps fill your discard), and similar hand-affecting cards. This would also require another Super Rod or two to balance out how many Pokemon you're throwing away. I don't really see much of a reason to run Virbank and Hypnotoxic here- I would more likely run Plasma Frigate or Battle City as a neutral stadium, or run no stadium at all and let your opponent do all the Stadium work (In retrospect, this almost seems like the better suggestion. You free up 1-2 slots in your TSS line that can be used for other things). Ace Spec should probably be Computer Search, you want to focus on digging through your deck, not your discard pile.

Are you sure running just 1 or 2 of each of those pokemon is a good idea? I`m just asking because I have tried it and i`m not saying that it doesn't work...It is just hard sometimes if you do not get a good hand in the beginning.

Crystal Thomas said:

Level and Plasma Ball, Signs of Evolution. Not as solid a search engine as MD-era Eevee had, but it's something.

OH! I am sorry I just went through your cards and see what you meant by "Signs of Evolution". I understand now what you are trying to do. I say go for it, but your going to have to tell me how this deck works for you. :p

Shinigami said:

[*]4 Eevee
[*]1 Glaceon
[*]1 Espeon
[*]2 Umbreon
[*]1 Leafeon
[*]2 Jolteon
[*]2 Vaporeon
[*]3 Flareon
[*]3-3 Weavile
[*]2 Exeggcute

Actually from what I've read/seen from Worlds placings, Leafeon and Flareon are the best attackers. Leafeon makes the Blastoise match up winnable, and Flareon takes care of any Grass/Metal stuff, and revenge KOes most existing decks.

As for this list, it's even more spread-thin than my existing build. You have a ridiculously high amount of pokemon, and of it, it's mostly evolutions. You're basically asking for me to have dead hands for a majority of the game, and what about the energy line? I may be new to THIS meta, but that doesn't mean I'm inexperienced. :p

arcanine227 said:
Shinigami said:

[*]4 Eevee
[*]1 Glaceon
[*]1 Espeon
[*]2 Umbreon
[*]1 Leafeon
[*]2 Jolteon
[*]2 Vaporeon
[*]3 Flareon
[*]3-3 Weavile
[*]2 Exeggcute

Are you sure running just 1 or 2 of each of those pokemon is a good idea? I`m just asking because I have tried it and i`m not saying that it doesn't work...It is just hard sometimes if you do not get a good hand in the beginning.

Crystal Thomas said:

OH! I am sorry I just went through your cards and see what you meant by "Signs of Evolution". I understand now what you are trying to do. I say go for it, but your going to have to tell me how this deck works for you. :p

At the moment I'm having problems getting set up. Everything gets KOed at the basic level. I replaced the Vaporeons and Water Energies for DCE and 2-2 Drifblim as an alternate attacker, but it left me losing to Terrakion/Colbalion. The few times I've managed to either set up, or play back from a deficit, my opponent has quit the table. I've either been steamrolled, or my opponent hasn't been willing to play a long game with me, so I have absolutely no frame of reference on how the deck should work, or what I should do to change it.

Crystal Thomas said:
arcanine227 said:
You started testing it? Can you post your revised deck list?

Updated in the original post.

I'm also looking in to Thundurus.

Personally I am leaning towards the Drifblim with the shadow steal, but the other one would be better to use if you are discarding the opponents special energies. +2 super rod I think would help you out as well. Also i`m not to sure about the stadium card..so maybe think about that one?

Crystal Thomas said:
The issue with Super Rod is that I don't run basic energy.
Oh I see the problem there. Well I don`t see much more that can be done to this deck. Well until you test it. So good luck :)

Alright - just a little bit of help here.

Glaceon is unnecessary. Retreating when you only have like 90/100 HP is highly unlikely. I wouldn't even go so far as even adding Umbreon, because the 20 HP boost hardly does anything at all with HypnoBank running around. Add a second Flareon to help take care of Virizion/Genesect. Drop the Audino and drop the Deoxys-EX for four Ditto. This way, you can start with something other than Eevee. Then, take the turn using Ultra Ball to search for one instead of starting Audino - a nightmare.

I would say running 1 Espeon is not going to help against Tool Drop. The fact that it can OHKO the bench is almost a moot point, since the most dangerous Pokémon will most of the time be in the active position. You get a OHKO, but they get an easy OHKO right back, and Trubbish is easier to set up than Espeon (especially with Exp. Share). Plus, Tool Drop will win the prize trade by just Catcher/KOing a Deoxys or two.

You could drop the Espeon for more consistency or other Eeveelutions. Right now, I'm not sure it's doing enough for you to be worth it.

Back