Help Please explain to me this

xrustz626

Aspiring Trainer
So with the new set coming soon, I was wondering what would happen if Klefki with Prank Lock Ability face to face against Empoleon V with Emperor's eyes ability, what will happen? Which ability will be gone first?

Since the two abilities' effects are the same, the one in active second will see its ability suppressed by the one that was active before it, a circumstance that isn't a new thing: The solution to question can be traced by means of two other abilities to similar effects: bide barricade and neutralizing gas.

...Proof in the compendium:
Pokegym compendium says:
Abilities » Bide Barricade | Abilities » Neutralizing Gas
If I have Galarian Weezing with "Neutralizing Gas" active and my opponent brings up a Wobbuffet with "Bide Barrier" Ability, does "Bide Barrier" turn off "Neutralizing Gas" or vice versa?Since Neutralizing Gas was in effect before Wobbuffet became active, it takes precedence and Bide Barricade does not activate as long as Neutralizing Gas is in effect. Whichever one comes into effect first would take priority in this situation.
Source: TPCi Rules Team (
2022-03-31)
View relevant cards

Since the two abilities' effects are the same, the one in active second will see its ability suppressed by the one that was active before it, a circumstance that isn't a new thing: The solution to question can be traced by means of two other abilities to similar effects: bide barricade and neutralizing gas.

...Proof in the compendium:
Thank you.

Back