Pokémon The Series X / Y Opening Theme

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
Soooo I was flipping out about 30 minutes ago when the first episode of the XY series aired. The opening theme of the episode was a remix to the original theme. The lyrics are nearly the same but the music itself was different.

So my question is, how do you feel about this? Do you like that they seem to be paying homage to the original games and animé lately? Do you even like the new theme or prefer the original?

I for one really liked the theme. Although I think I prefer the original.

RE: Pokémon The Series XY Opening Theme

Well, They did the same thing way back in Johto and it's about time they did it again.

Got a link to it? I've only heard the first couple of seconds as part of the announcement a few weeks ago. I liked it.

Well, I wasn't flipping out this morning because I already heard it in a promo. I was seriously hoping they would use it for the intro, and my wish was granted! The original can never be beat though. ;)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAVcf8nrleo[/video]

meh

It's only 34 seconds long? I thought all Pokémon intros have to be a minuet.

I don't like that none of the song really fits what's going on until "Yeah, your my be friends".
I know Kalos has a hell of a lot of Pokémon (but not many Legendaries), but Ash clearly doesn't care about Catching 'em all this series.

What happened to the second part of the song? :( I guess Ash doesn't need a true heart anymore, or for Pokémon to teach him things.

Blob55 said:
... but Ash clearly doesn't care about Catching 'em all this series.

Since when has Ash ever cared about "catching 'em all"? Even back in the very first season he was lackadaisical about catching all the Pokémon he meets.

Unless by "'em all" you mean "all of the Tauros in the Safari Park". >.> <.<

Athena said:
Blob55 said:
... but Ash clearly doesn't care about Catching 'em all this series.

Since when has Ash ever cared about "catching 'em all"? Even back in the very first season he was lackadaisical about catching all the Pokémon he meets.

Unless by "'em all" you mean "all of the Tauros in the Safari Park". >.> <.<

Well, in the early days, he got told by Oak that Gary captured more Pokémon than him and that the only way Ash could be a good trainer, is if he kept on capturing more Pokémon. However, all of those Tauros Ash caught shut Oak up about his lack of Pokémon.

BTW, in the first episode, Ash said he's capture and train all of the Spearow that were chasing him.

Ash mentioned several times in the early episodes that he wanted to catch all Pokémon. In the newer episodes he learned that the bond he had with his Pokémon was more important and stuck to small teams and until Generation 5 he hardly rotated.

I do like that they're going back to the old "catch em all" theme and it should be possible to bond with many different Pokémon anyway. This is another thing that makes it clear they had a set Generation 6 goal when they were still working on the fifth Generation (where he finally started to rotate more).

The theme song itself is really nice, but indeed extremely short. I hope a longer version will be released at some point. Maybe for the next movie? :p

There's a big different between talk and action. Prof. Oak told Ash to catch Pokémon, and Ash always seemed steamed that Gary was ahead of him, but he still never actually put forth the effort to try and capture a large variety of Pokémon. :p

More on topic though, the theme song is cute, following the 6th gen trend of catering back to 1st gen. I wonder how much more of this nostalgia they'll be pumping in, but I guess it's a good time for it.

I wonder why the English series have such a nostalgic theme, while the Japanese series use a complete different one. Is it a marketing strategy of the English department to get old fans back or are the writers actually involved to hint that the series will contain more nostalgia?

Pokémon The Series XY Opening Theme

I like how they have the same lyrics but they seriously should just full out bring back the original theme song it was awesome

Potatoes

Back