XY Pokémon: X & Y UI

StrangeState

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think anyone has brought this up really, and I don't think too much of the UI has been shown bar some speech bubbles etc. I'm just curious what people think the Pokemon selection screen, attack selection etc, will look like stylistically. Sorry if this seems like a strange thing to wonder about :p

Personally i'm imagining very elegant borders and smooth lines, to kinda go off the European vibe.

RE: Pokemon: X & Y UI

Well, here's one UI screenshot.
4uSkmIj.jpg

Note to self: Actually THOROUGHLY look through released screenshots before making fool of self.

I do like that a lot though as a matter of fact. How do you think the bottom screen will be used?

The colors and textures remind me of Leafgreen and Firered which I thought we really cool so I was excited when I saw the screens.

StrangeState said:
Note to self: Actually THOROUGHLY look through released screenshots before making fool of self.

I do like that a lot though as a matter of fact. How do you think the bottom screen will be used?

I think that is the bottom screen. Here are screenshots of the Pokedex UI.
YhOPRiq.jpg
eIP7a0T.jpg

StrangeState said:
I don't think anyone has brought this up really, and I don't think too much of the UI has been shown bar some speech bubbles etc. I'm just curious what people think the Pokemon selection screen, attack selection etc, will look like stylistically. Sorry if this seems like a strange thing to wonder about :p

Actually speaking of those speech bubbles, I hope the ones we saw were still in-progress. Because they looked like butt

4.jpg

Way to obscure the person speaking, speech bubble. There's a reason why you were kept at the bottom of the screen...

garbodorable said:
StrangeState said:

Actually speaking of those speech bubbles, I hope the ones we saw were still in-progress. Because they looked like butt

4.jpg

Way to obscure the person speaking, speech bubble. There's a reason why you were kept at the bottom of the screen...

Lol the style of the speech bubble also looks cheap. Does that make sense?

Like the whole bubble itself looks badly photoshoped onto the picture. It's a monster beside the beautiful scenery.

Screenshots of 3D-modeled games always look kinda terrible, though. We saw the same sort of thing with the limited 3D in BW. The relatively low resolution of the screen makes everything look pixelly, but in motion on the machine itself it always looks fine.

DorianBlack said:
Screenshots of 3D-modeled games always look kinda terrible, though. We saw the same sort of thing with the limited 3D in BW. The relatively low resolution of the screen makes everything look pixelly, but in motion on the machine itself it always looks fine.

That's true, but I still did think that BW's sprites were very pixelated in general. I got over it of course.

garbodorable said:
StrangeState said:

4.jpg

BW and BW2 have the speech bubbles just wherever isn't in the way. they might just be fixing that for this game since it's in beta, i mean, didn't some BW beta shots show that problem with the bubble in the way?

garbodorable said:
StrangeState said:

4.jpg

Definitely agreed on the looking like butt front. I dont like the font and the whole thing is just....too in your face and an eyesore. Fingers crossed for this being beta stuff.

Re: RE: Pokemon: X & Y UI

StrangeState said:
garbodorable said:

4.jpg

Definitely agreed on the looking like butt front. I dont like the font and the whole thing is just....too in your face and an eyesore. Fingers crossed for this being beta stuff.

Agreed, although I don't think the font is that bad!

Remember though, the speech bubbles will be 3D so they will probably pop out the screen or something...

It's just a speech bubble.... I think it looks good. I think the screenshot might have been taken during a moving scene, so it probably won't cover the characters faces in the complete product.

On all of the trailers is does say in the bottom right corner at the begining *game footage not final* so some things coulda definitely change

Back