PokeBeach Podcast: “Battle Partners” and “Surging Sparks” Sets Coming!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This week we discuss the potential return of Owner’s Pokemon in Japan’s upcoming “Battle Partners” set, the next English set named “Surging Sparks,” more cards from the Stellar Sylveon and Ceruledge ex decks, the top 100 winners of 2024’s Pokemon TCG Illustrator Contest, a new Worlds promo, new Worlds merchandise, and more!
The PokeBeach podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our YouTube channel.

Continue reading...

Oddish! This is relevant to the discussion about Gym Leaders:
9rckA6Q.png

This incorporates any cards that have a Gym Leader/Elite Four member's name in the title, or if they have the little SP character portrait, if they're in the artwork, etc. And includes Japanese-only cards.

It's not too surprising those middle generations' characters felt more forgettable... the TCG really has paid most of them no attention whatsoever. Meanwhile, everyone who has a name from Gen 7-onwards gets a Trainer card eventually.

Oddish! This is relevant to the discussion about Gym Leaders:
9rckA6Q.png

This incorporates any cards that have a Gym Leader/Elite Four member's name in the title, or if they have the little SP character portrait, if they're in the artwork, etc. And includes Japanese-only cards.

It's not too surprising those middle generations' characters felt more forgettable... the TCG really has paid most of them no attention whatsoever. Meanwhile, everyone who has a name from Gen 7-onwards gets a Trainer card eventually.
This list is really cool. I doubt that trainers that haven gotten many/any cards before will see many now sadly.

Did you make this list? If so you're missing a couple champions. Techically Prof. Kukui and Hau were champions in Alola, even if it was only for one fight like Blue was.

It's a section from the Trainers tab in the spreadsheet in my signature, I have Kukui (5) and Hau (also 5) under groupings for Professors and Rivals.

Oddish! Really enjoyed this week's episode! It doesn't seem like they will do tag team esc cards, I think they were just lazy writing it out. It also seems that ZA will probably not come early next year, and I hope they do a 4 year generation, cause then they can get all the megas and trainers, as they have been missing a few. Keep up the amazing work, and have a great week!

Im looking forward the the "owners Pokémon". I'm hoping that they'll approach it like the Pokémon VS Set and don't do evolution lines. For example like they did with Pokémon V. That would make things less awkward when playing because I feel otherwise it can be really monotone because Giovanni's Nidoking otherwise must evolve from Giovanni's Nidorino and so on. I think it's just not very likely that we get multiple same owners Pokémon in different sets (maybe except Charizard and a few other super popular Pokémon). That would mean everyone had to use the same cards which would be super boring.

But I'm super hyped for these kind of cards and especially am excited for the new Team Rocket set!

Back