Discussion Pokemon Legends Arceus - Your Predictions

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Lets make this thread a place for our predictions for the upcoming original game. This can be anything from the game mechanics to how you think the story will unfold.

My first prediction: Shiny Pokemon hunting, is going to be huge! Imagine how you just travel like Link in BOTW in search of shiny Pokemon. I do believe they will put some new ways to get them.

2. Only the Pokemon in the trailer are ridable. This is a prediction I hope is wrong but kinda have to be realistic here. I dont believe we will have any other Pokemon to fly with or surf.

3. Parents! We will probably meet some parents of DP characters or even characters themselves when they were young.

Write down your predictions do you can say called it after the game arrives :)

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I don't always make predictions, but when I do....
Just kidding! I usually just look at the trailers and spoilers carefully and decide for myself if it's worth buying.

However, I do have something to say regarding Legends: Arceus. This game is supposed to take place long time ago, back when Stantler and Basculin could evolve. Over time, did they lose their ability to evolve? How and why?
I wonder if there are primal versions of Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina? Or maybe Arceus didn't create them back then?
Also, as Hisui eventually turned into Sinnoh, what happened to regional variants like Growlithe and Braviary?
I hope the game answers these questions and more.

Being able to ride Pokemon is a welcoming returning feature!

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I did touch on this topic in the comments for the new trailer for the game the other day, but I really love the 'Pokemon are dangerous' aspect this game has. There have been so many Pokedex entries saying 'x Pokemon can be violent and dangerous etc', I've been looking forward to the day that it's actually meant something. Obviously I know that there's a limit as to how far they can take it, but I'm still glad to see it.

One thing I've been pondering: we see how seamless battle transitions are, I kind of wonder how that will work with weather inducing moves/abilities. Will they affect the weather just for the duration of the battle, or is it possible that they'll actually affect the weather in the overworld once the battle has finished?

Something to possibly note: in the 'Wurmple can evolve' shot, and during a clip of a Wurmple and a Cyndaquil battling, the spikes on both the Wurmple's head are different than usual. The middle one is red, but both the one behind and in front of it are yellow. Previously, only the one on front was yellow. We see a regular Beautifly so I think it's unlikely that it's a regional form (although I guess it's possible that Dustox could receive one)... but still, it's kind of interesting. Maybe it's a newly implemented gender difference? Or maybe it's something to do with whether it evolves into Cascoon or Silcoon?

Also I really love the box art for the game. It kind of gives me Mystery Dungeon vibes which always makes me happy.
edit: speaking of the box art, there's definitely something at the top of Mt. Coronet. Since in modern Sinnoh Spear Pillar is full of broken pillars, maybe it's an ancient Spear Pillar that's still intact? Maybe even the Hall of Origin?

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
My prediction is that this game will take place between 300 and 1000 years ago. True Pokéballs we’re invented at some point during this period. None of this nonsense about parents and grandparents, this is ancient times. The Pokéballs don’t even look like modern Apricorn balls, like those made by Kurt.
I can understand why people might think this is more recent because of how the main characters and several other members of the Galaxy Exploration Team look remarkably like their descendants, but modern Sinnoh has far too rich a history to be only a few generations old.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
One other thing I've noticed: there's a shot of a lv.12 Oshawott with 87 HP, and one of a lv.12 Rowlet with 103 HP. I'm very admittedly not very knowledgeable on stat calculation etc, but surely that's much higher than usual for those Pokemon at that level? It's possible they could be placeholders... but still, maybe it's an indicator that stats are gonna be reworked somehow? Or maybe it's got something to do with the new battle system?

You know what else I predict? I am guessing that we will be able to transfer the new Hisuian forms to Pokémon Sword and Shield. When Pokémon Sword and Shield was first released, the various Gigantamax forms were slowly leaked into the competitive scene. Then we got Venusaur, Blastoise, the Alolan starters, and assorted Legendary and Mythical Pokémon, which could be obtained via Pokémon Home, which was just released. Then we got the Isle of Armor, followed by the Crown Tundra. We’ve also had rotating ban lists and the one-box-legendary allotment. At the moment it has been almost a year since new Pokémon were added to what for a long time had been a constantly changing format. Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, and Legends Arceus offer a possible breath of fresh air with a small (or not so small) new wave of Pokémon.

My next prediction is that Link will make a Pokémon franchise cameo appearance in Legends: Arceus. For one thing, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl shares a graphic style with Link’s Awakening, while Legends: Arceus shares a graphic style with Breath of the wild. Second, a while back we saw a screenshot of silhouettes of Wyrdeer and Hisuian Braviary and what we THOUGHT may be another ride Pokémon, one that can climb cliffs. Climb cliffs? Who can climb cliffs better than Link? For a third thing, we have yet to see any canonical explanation for how “blacking out” is synonymous with “running/teleporting across the map to the nearest Pokémon center.” And now that you yourself are no longer impervious to harm, we need even more reason to explain why the wild Pokémon that defeated your last team member doesn’t just claim an easy meal. Perhaps Link is the one who has protected eight generations of ten/eleven-year-olds from a pre-mature demise? For a fourth thing, one of the Pokémon-themed stages in several of the games in the Super Smash Bros. Series, including Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, is Spear Pillar, which will presumably be a location in this game. And Dialga and Palkia, the legendary Pokémon controlling time and space, both appear in the Spear Pillar stage. Is it fully implausible to believe that Link could have been brought to the Pokémon universe out of the Super Smash Bros. multiverse via Spear Pillar and into Ancient Sinnoh (or Hisui)? Finally, something… strange is clearly going on in Hisui at this time. Enraged Pokémon with glowing red auras floating in front of and covering their eyes? That’s not something you see every day. Perhaps some sort of disturbance in the time-space continuum caused by Link entering (or being pulled into) the Pokémon universe could have caused this disruption.
P.S. I hope you all realize that I’m only joking.