TCG Fakes Pokemon TCG: Neo World (Custom Template Fakes)

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
(Pack Artwork TBD)
POKEMON TCG: NEO WORLD
Art & Design by MasterGallade / Avalon Designs

I've been working on my own fake Pokemon card templates in Illustrator for awhile, and I already posted a few fake cards on my DeviantART account (MasterAvalon), but I finally decided to compile them here as well :D

This fake card set is called Neo World, but in a way it is just a collection of Promos, since I make the cards as I complete the art (which is done how I feel like), and they are numbered how Promos are numbered in each era, so none of them are in type or Evolution order.

In this Neo World set, several concepts from different eras of the TCG come together; there will be Shining Pokemon, Crystal Types, Delta Species, GXs, Tag Teams, VMAXs, and probably whatever mechanics that future card eras create. However, replacing regular Pokemon ex/LV. X/EX/V will be Pokemon-NEO; these cards keep the 2 prize rule from ex/EX/GX/V, but they can also use attacks from any of their previous stages. The majority of Pokemon-NEO will be Evolved Pokemon but there are some exceptions, like a Lugia-NEO that has an Ability that involves evolving from Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres.

The biggest addition on my card templates is what I call Categories, which appear above the info box in the bottom right. Inspired by the Ultra Beast classification in the Sun & Moon era, these give additional information on what kind of Pokemon is on the card, for use with cards that target certain Pokemon. Starter, Fossil, Eeveelution, Pseudo-L (Pseudo-Legendary), Legendary, Mythical, Baby, and Ultra Beast are all examples of Categories that can appear on these cards. This is an idea that I think would be really cool to see on real cards in the future~

There will be a wide variety of eras represented with my cards, but the wording for the Abilities/Attacks will always reflect the newest updates in the modern TCG, in order to keep the language unified and the cards as neat as possible. For example, even cards such as GXs will implement the "Rule Box" phrase that the SWSH Battle Styles set introduced. As for balancing the power of Abilities/Attacks, cards that are specific to certain eras, such as Crystal Types, Delta Species, and Dark/Light Pokemon, will try to conform to that era's power levels as best as possible. For example, a Light Umbreon I have planned will be similar in power to the existing Dark Espeon from Neo Destiny, while a Dark Gallade will be based off the Dark Pokemon from EX Team Rocket Returns.

Anyway, enough explaining; enjoy the cards~

(Note: I am not taking spoiler or art submissions. I may make the blanks available at some point once I have them done for every type, but for now I'm just making them as the artwork is done.)

FINISHED CARDS:

001 - Shining Mew
dd8koeg-eb9926a6-b3f6-4f46-94e9-0be909e56421.png

*Reprint of Shining Mew from the May 2001 issue of Corocoro Comic, which is my favorite card of all time. Art edited from my Mew piece for the 20th Anniversary in February 2016.
FULL ILLUSTRATION: https://www.deviantart.com/masteravalon/art/Mew-Pokemon-20th-Anniversary-593413968
002 - Mega Absol-GX
ddcm8b4-a8c2f238-3ace-4695-bd29-3ab659bab628.png

*Art done for my friend Kaityn's birthday in July 2019.
FULL ILLUSTRATION: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/32423604/
003 - Cinderace-NEO
ddps3k3-312d729f-ddf8-40a5-bf12-d8eb15d3b79a.png

*Art done in January 2020. This design is a fusion of Cinderace and King Kazma from Summer Wars, with its Ability name referencing a location in the movie.
FULL ILLUSTRATION: https://www.deviantart.com/masteravalon/art/CINDERACE-x-KING-KAZMA-828886977
004 - Froslass-GX
de9d2j6-141b3d22-4921-4b95-85d1-dc1b41728236.png

*Art done for my friend Kaityn's birthday in July 2020.
FULL ILLUSTRATION: https://www.deviantart.com/masteravalon/art/Frozen-Invitation-849838221
005 - Lugia-NEO
debs9cb-78bf044b-4a38-4df1-937d-590392aa7666.png

*Art done for Gold & Silver's 20th Anniversary in December 2020.
FULL ILLUSTRATION: https://www.deviantart.com/masteravalon/art/Silver-Genesis-Pokemon-GS-20th-Anniversary-865780594
006 - Shining Silvally
deudod9-bf763e78-4873-4a00-a6f8-495c8c66c809.png

*Art done by Kawayoo for the Shiny Silvally Get Campaign in 2017.

PLANNED CARDS:

000 Ho-Oh-NEO
000 Dragapult-NEO
000 Silvally-NEO
000 Typhlosion-NEO
000 Toxtricity-NEO
000 Eternatus (Amazing Rare)
000 Single Strike Urshifu (Amazing Rare)
000 Rapid Strike Urshifu (Amazing Rare)
000 Calyrex (Amazing Rare)
000 Cinderace-VMAX
000 Rayquaza-VMAX
000 MegaGallade&Sirfetch’d-GX
000 Rotom&Zeraora-GX
000 Celesteela&Kartana-GX
000 UltraNecrozma&Solgaelo&Lunala-GX
000 Victini&Incineroar-GX
000 Alolan Dugtrio-GX
000 Deoxys-GX (Normal)
000 Deoxys-GX (Attack)
000 Deoxys-GX (Defense)
000 Deoxys-GX (Speed)
000 Mew-GX
000 Unown-GX
000 Alolan Raichu-GX
000 Aegislash (Delta Species)
000 Ampharos (Crystal Type)
000 Shining Hydreigon
000 Shining Lunala
000 Shining Lucario
000 Shining Aggron
000 Shining Zeraora
000 Shining Reshiram
000 Shining Zekrom
000 Shining Zacian
000 Shining Zamazenta
000 Light Umbreon
000 Elesa’s Luxray
000 Clair’s Kingdra
000 Jasmine’s Steelix
000 Dark Gallade
000 Dark Togekiss
000 Dark Magnezone
000 Deoxys (Full Art)
000 Pichu

CREDITS:

Card Body Texture: [link]
Ripple Holosheet by icycatelf: [link]
Galaxy Holosheet by @aschefield101: [link]
Neo 3 Shining Holosheet by icycatelf: [link]

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
This is a very neat collection @MasterGallade! I love the thought that you've put into designing this set and its mechanics, and how you've even go as far as making your own blanks. What was the inspiration behind the "neo" logo? I'm intrigued by the mechanic (it's so simple but opens up plenty of interesting design opportunities!), but logo design takes the cake for me.

MasterGallade

This is a very neat collection @MasterGallade! I love the thought that you've put into designing this set and its mechanics, and how you've even go as far as making your own blanks. What was the inspiration behind the "neo" logo? I'm intrigued by the mechanic (it's so simple but opens up plenty of interesting design opportunities!), but logo design takes the cake for me.

Thanks so much :D so the Neo era of the TCG is my favorite (just as GSC are my favorite games in the series), and the Neo logo is directly from the logo used on Japanese pack and box arts, as well as some promo material <3 as seen here:
neo%202%20crossing%20the%20ruins%20box.jpg

MasterGallade

Updated with Shining Silvally <3

I wasn't originally planning to use already existing art, but Silvally is my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon and Kawayoo is my favorite artist, so I wanted to celebrate this artwork in card form~

deudod9-bf763e78-4873-4a00-a6f8-495c8c66c809.png

*Art done by Kawayoo for the Shiny Silvally Get Campaign in 2017.