Ruling Pokemon weakness/type question

tama_chan

Aspiring Trainer
I have a question regarding weakness and Pokemon types:

If I have a move with a water Pokemon (say tackle) that uses one coloreless energy for 10 damage, and attack a charmander with the weakness to water, would he take double damage? Is this correct, even though tackle doesn't have 'water energy' for use?

Thanks

it's not the type of energy you use that counts, it's the type of Pokémon. Man, I have kids in my league who perfectly understand that, you are trying to make it too difficult, but the TCG is very easy.
TIP: get a rulebook

ex: if you have an old kaputops, he's water but uses fight energies. His type remains water, no matter what kind of energies he uses

Sorry but I felt it was in my position to say something, seeing as how people don't need to be rude on here. Anyway, on with my other question:

If what your saying is correct, then what about a normal type Pokemon with other elemental abilites? For example: Altaria from Deoxys set. He is a normal Pokemon with water (dive move) and lightning (double wing attack). Even though he isn't either of these types, does his moves still count as double the damage if the opponent is weak against it?

RE:  Pokemon weakness/type question

tama_chan said:
Sorry but I felt it was in my position to say something, seeing as how people don't need to be rude on here. Anyway, on with my other question:

If what your saying is correct, then what about a normal type Pokemon with other elemental abilites? For example: Altaria from Deoxys set. He is a normal Pokemon with water (dive move) and lightning (double wing attack). Even though he isn't either of these types, does his moves still count as double the damage if the opponent is weak against it?
it is a simple as this:
energies have nothing to do with the type of a pokémon.
type: for weakness and resistance
energies: to charge for attacks

Tomo, you can report no matter what your rank is. And will y'all stop freakin' out over losing your stars!! -_-

Back