Ruling POP/ DCI number question

Kura

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there! I'm recently wanting to get back into the TCG craze, and I used to participate at a League a long while ago.

My old DCI number was 8 digits, and now I hear that it's a POP number.. or something..
I hear it's 10 digits now.

Does anyone have any idea if they can transfer my old account into a new one? And how would I be able to do that?

Thank you for the info.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I browsed the forums and couldn't find a better place.
Thanks!

Eh, this section is as good as any :)

You'll need to get a new POP ID. Pokemon is no longer affiliated with DCI or WotC in any way, so there's no way to transfer or otherwise use your DCI ID under the Nintendo/Pokemon USA system.

If you just show up at any League or sanctioned tournament (including a pre-release), the organizer should be able to give you a POP ID form. Or. if you're over 13, you can click here to create a My Pokemon account. You will be issued a POP ID when you create the account. (That's how I got mine.)

Also, POP IDs are currently in the 6-digit range. Some people think they're 10 because they sometimes get zero-padded.

Chairman Kaga said:
Eh, this section is as good as any :)

You'll need to get a new POP ID. Pokemon is no longer affiliated with DCI or WotC in any way, so there's no way to transfer or otherwise use your DCI ID under the Nintendo/Pokemon USA system.

If you just show up at any League or sanctioned tournament (including a pre-release), the organizer should be able to give you a POP ID form. Or. if you're over 13, you can click here to create a My Pokemon account. You will be issued a POP ID when you create the account. (That's how I got mine.)

Also, POP IDs are currently in the 6-digit range. Some people think they're 10 because they sometimes get zero-padded.

Ah, I see! Yeah, I tried doing my other research and I already got a new POP ID yesterday from that site, so I guess I should be good to go.

If I go to a tournament, would they give me a card with my ID number on it or something? (That's what they used to do)
So would I have to tell them what my username is.. or my number and then they'll give me a card?

Also, there's going to be a pre-release near me, so I was planning on going..
But for the pre-release, am I going to need a deck to participate? Or do they just give me everything I need?
Like.. do they give a set deck and then some boosters to modify it? Or do they just give me boosters to create a deck?
._. How can you get enough energy cards with just boosters?

Thanks for the help!

Kura said:
Ah, I see! Yeah, I tried doing my other research and I already got a new POP ID yesterday from that site, so I guess I should be good to go.

If I go to a tournament, would they give me a card with my ID number on it or something? (That's what they used to do)
So would I have to tell them what my username is.. or my number and then they'll give me a card?

They don't issue cards for POP IDs created online. But the card is really unnecessary -- as long as you know your ID number, you're good.

Kura said:
Also, there's going to be a pre-release near me, so I was planning on going..
But for the pre-release, am I going to need a deck to participate? Or do they just give me everything I need?
Like.. do they give a set deck and then some boosters to modify it? Or do they just give me boosters to create a deck?

At a pre-release, everything is provided for you. You'll receive 6 boosters (60 cards total), with which you'll build a 40 card deck.

Kura said:
._. How can you get enough energy cards with just boosters?

The pre-release organizers also get 900-count boxes of nothing but Basic Energy cards. They should have stacks set out where you can just go up and grab what you need.

Back