POP Modified Format Rotation

Tenka Digi

Ruin Maniac
I'm trying to find out when each Series of cards were rotated out of POP's Modified Format, but had very little/no luck finding much of anything. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Here's what I've got so far:

• Base - 09/01/2001
  • Jungle - 09/01/2001
  • Fossil - 09/01/2001
  • Team Rocket - ?
  • Gym Heroes - ?
  • Gym Challenge - ?
  • Neo Genesis - ?
  • Neo Discovery - ?
  • Neo Revelation - ?
  • Neo Destiny - ?
  • Pokémon VS - ?
  • Pokémon Web - ?
  • Legendary Collection - ?
  • Expedition Base Set - ?
  • Aquapolis - ?
  • Skyridge - ?
  • EX Ruby & Sapphire - ?
  • EX Sandstorm - ?
  • EX Dragon - ?
  • EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua - ?
  • EX Hidden Legends - ?
  • EX FireRed & LeafGreen - ?
  • EX Team Rocket Returns - ?
  • EX Deoxys - 09/01/2007
  • EX Emerald - 09/01/2007
  • EX Unseen Forces - 09/01/2007
  • EX Delta Species - 09/01/2007
  • EX Legend Maker - 09/01/2007
  • EX Holon Phantoms - 09/01/2008
  • EX Crystal Guardians - 09/01/2008
  • EX Dragon Frontiers - 09/01/2008
  • EX Power Keepers - 09/01/2008
  • EX Trainer Kit - ?
  • EX Trainer Kit 2 - 09/01/2007
  • Diamond & Pearl - Current
  • Diamond & Pearl Trainer Kit - Current
  • Mysterious Treasures - Current
  • Secret Wonders - Current
  • Great Encounters - Current
  • Majestic Dawn - Current
  • Legends Awakened - Current
  • Stormfront - Current
  • Platinum - Current
  • Rising Rivals - Current
  • Supreme Victors - Current
  • Arceus - Current
  • HeartGold & SoulSilver - Current
  • HS Unleashed - Current
  • Vending Machine Series 1 - Blue Sheet - ?
  • Vending Machine Series 2 - Red Sheet - ?
  • Vending Machine Series 3 - Green Sheet - ?
  • Masaki Evolution Campaign - ?
  • PokePark Blue - ?
  • PokePark Forest - ?
  • POP Series 1 - ?
  • POP Series 2 - 09/01/2007
  • POP Series 3 - 09/01/2007
  • POP Series 4 - 09/01/2008
  • POP Series 5 - 09/01/2008
  • POP Series 6 - Current
  • POP Series 7 - Current
  • POP Series 8 - Current
  • POP Series 9 - Current
  • Nintendo Black Star Promos #001-036 - 09/01/2007
  • Nintendo Black Star Promos #037-040 - 09/01/2008
  • Unnumbered Promos - ?
  • DP Black Star Promos - Current
  • HGSS Black Star Promos - Current

I tried looking just some time recently and had no luck at all.
Hopefully, someone here is knowledgeable of such information because I would like to know as well.

Wow, I can't believe we have 13(probably 14 before the rotation) full sets that are legal. Compared to 4-5 a few years back.
I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes HGSS and on in this next one.

Yeah right 2 sets in a format. It'll take like 10 turns to set up. POP would never rotate that many sets.

Wow, I can't believe we have 13(probably 14 before the rotation) full sets that are legal. Compared to 4-5 a few years back.
I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes HGSS and on in this next one.

i was thinking a lot about this lately, the last time that something was rotated was in 2008 like Tenka Digi showed us:

EX Holon Phantoms - 09/01/2008
EX Crystal Guardians - 09/01/2008
EX Dragon Frontiers - 09/01/2008
EX Power Keepers - 09/01/2008

and before, in 2007 5 sets were rotated.

My guess is that this time all the D&P series will rotate, so 6 sets will be out (D&P, SW, MT, MD, GE, LA, SW) IMHO.

Or a surprise can happen... and Platinum and RR can get out to stop the SP's, but i really doubt it.

Yeah right 2 sets in a format. It'll take like 10 turns to set up.

i would personally find a format like that really funny and amusing

POP seems to have planned to skip a rotation this year, so the DP ones will be in at least long enough for HgSs to establish a couple more series. Likely they'll end up with another 5-series set for the next rotation.

Rock Wrecker said:
Yeah right 2 sets in a format. It'll take like 10 turns to set up. POP would never rotate that many sets.

Did you ever play TCG back in the day?
It took probably more than 10 turns to "set up" in Base Set all the way to...Neo Destiny?
There were no Bebe's Search or Claydol back then. The most you had was a handful of Bill, Professor Oak(which makes you discard), and Pokemon Trader.
There were very little ways to search your deck back then.

I don't think an HGSS-on rotation would be all that bad. After all, we'll still have good search cards (Collector, Elm's, Pokemon Communication, Energy Exchange Unit) and some nice techs (Slowking, Ninetales). I doubt it would happen, as Arceus and Supreme Victors won't have even been out for a year by next season.

SplitHeavens said:
It took probably more than 10 turns to "set up" in Base Set all the way to...Neo Destiny?
There were no Bebe's Search or Claydol back then. The most you had was a handful of Bill, Professor Oak(which makes you discard), and Pokemon Trader.
COMPUTER SEARCH!
OMG most people set up quickly, you just had to get all the T/S/S cuz they were mostly rares back...

TDA said:
No way!and its 7 sets in DP kiseki.

Aren't we forgetting SF? It will also most likely be gone. *Good riddance, Gyarados!*

SplitHeavens said:
I'm sorry that I wasn't even born "back in the day." I'm fine with the current fast format and I was just saying they wouldn't make the format HGSS-on.

This format is way too crowded. I hope they retire something... Although I hope they don't rotate RR. I'd lose my favorite card, flygon.

Tenka Digi said:
So, nobody remembers any other years rotations?

well i played back then, however my memory is kinda crappy

ok then, if my memory dont fails me.... those 4 were out in 2005

EX Ruby & Sapphire
EX Sandstorm
EX Dragon
EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

and these 3 in 2006

EX Hidden Legends
EX FireRed & LeafGreen
EX Team Rocket Returns

i can ask my old friends too if they remember, or even better, i will try to find a link with more info about this

formats went from TR-on to Neo-on to E-on to RS-on to HL(?)-on to DX-on to HP-on to DP-on.

my t2 every game wigglytuff deck in the gameboy TCG game would like a word with you

TruTruSky said:
I don't think an HGSS-on rotation would be all that bad. After all, we'll still have good search cards (Collector, Elm's, Pokemon Communication, Energy Exchange Unit) and some nice techs (Slowking, Ninetales). I doubt it would happen, as Arceus and Supreme Victors won't have even been out for a year by next season.

Well given what we know regarding the Lost-Link set cards though we don't know much about Clash at the Summit yet, I probably wouldn't mind a HGSS-On format considering how Lost Zone decks hurt Charphlosion and Jumpluff, and the format would slow down enough to where other good decks will become more playable like
Gatr Rain Dance, so yeah it might not be as bad as I thought.

Sure we lose Vs. Seeker, Flygon, Palmer's, among other stuff but for the sake of half the game's playerbase not quitting the game and that Platinum: Arceus and Supreme Victors haven't been in the format for at least a year or two Platinum-On seems most likely though. This year's Professor Cup was Platinum-On so yeah I wouldn't mind it really.

Charphlosion's good and it's the one deck I'd hate to tear apart for the next Modified Season, so there's still a chance I may be able to play it for one more Season until I tear it apart. Other than my disappointment that I can't edit my posts on PokeGym anymore and Shuckle Lv. X giving me a hard time about my grammar yeah...

-____-

Hate to bump, but its been more than a week... Anybody able to help with the dates on the rotations of the Black Star Promo cards maybe? I know that the Wizards Black Star Promos (#1-19) were rotated out on 09/01/2002 and that the last of the Wizards Black Star Promos had been rotated out on 10/01/2004. Were there any rotations in-between? Likewise, I know that the Nintendo Black Star Promos before #37 were rotated out on 09/01/2007, but was there a group rotated out before then also?

Heya, hate to bump again, but it's been forever since I last posted. I'd like to say I'm still working on collecting rotation and release date information. If anyone has any corrections to my info, please do tell!

tcgserieslist.png

Back