• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Possible Masters BRs Shiftry Lock

SeaLegend

Heya.
3-3-3 Shiftry RR
4-2-2 Vileplume UD
4 Spiritomb AR
2-1 Blaziken FB
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q
Total: 28

4 Judge
4 Copycat
4 Broken Time-Space
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
2 Rare Candy
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
Total: 24

3 Sp. Dark
3 Basic Dark
2 Fire
Total: 8

Strategy: Keep your opponent confused and locked in the active position using Shiftry in conjunction with Copycat and Judge, while Vileplume shuts off trainers that would help switch. The only ways out of the lock are Warp Energy or regular retreating, which wastes their energy unless the Pokemon has free retreat. Blaziken is there to counter Dialga G who otherwise destroys the entire idea and drag up high retreat techs.

Looks good, but since you already have 2 Uxie's and an Unown Q, you might want to consider dropping something for it. I'd recommend an Oddish because you have a 4-2-2 line which should be a 2-2-2. If you want to make sure Oddish is in the deck you could make it 3-2-2, but I wouldn't recommend it.

CyndaquilMaster said:
Looks good, but since you already have 2 Uxie's and an Unown Q, you might want to consider dropping something for it. I'd recommend an Oddish because you have a 4-2-2 line which should be a 2-2-2. If you want to make sure Oddish is in the deck you could make it 3-2-2, but I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm a little confused, what are you suggesting I add? As for the Oddish, it's very important that you try to start with it. IMO, there's not much else to do with those 2 spaces, I'd rather add consistency.

there are too many good low/free retreat pokemon and too much use of warp energy (in dialgachomp and such) for straight shiftry to be a good play. as gimmicky as it sounds, maybe try a dugtrio or two? just the sound of a deck like that makes me cringe, but honestly it's probably the only way to make the tails flipping worth it.

Whoops, forgot to say Uxie X, this is a really good draw Pokemon for the mid-late game. You might also want to add Warp Energy for the Bright Look that could come to your Vileplume.

Remove 1 normal Blaziken fb and 1 oddish for a 1-1 Houndoom prime for a burn also Shiftrys body only works when he's active so don't use the blaze in the first place add in a torkoal UL

Shiftry's Body doesn't affect burn, Blaziken is there to take out Dialga G X and put high retreat Pokemon in the active slot.

You can't, though. Shiftry's Body only applies during your opponent's turn, and Burn takes place between turns.

Back