Promos?

Nercinator

A Pokemon Collector
I'm just coming back to the Pokemon card game and realize that most of the older cards I own are now unusable in standard play. My question is it the ban includes any of the promotional cards I have. If so, at what promo number does the ban end at?

All of the Wizards promos are not legal for tournament play. But any Nintendo promo numbered 27 and up can be used.

Jeej, I always like to hear people getting started again with pokemon, just like I did

anyways, most promo's aren't that usefull, or is that just my oppinion?

I don't think they are too useful, but I enjoy collecting them. I throw one or two into a deck when I can't think of anything else to add in.

I'm not sure what 027 is, but I can help with your other question.

Currently, all POP cards (sets 1, 2, and 3) are legal for Modified. After Worlds, POP 1 will get dropped along with the main sets. POP 2 will remain legal until Worlds '07.

According to the gallery section in the PokéGym, #27 is Tropical Tidal Wave. Flip a coin. If heads, discard all of your opponent's trainer cards in play. If tails, discard all of your trainer cards in play.

As far as I know, this rare card was only released at the Worlds 2005 Championship. Another card that was released at Worlds, #28, is Championship Arena. It is a Stadium card. At the end of a player's turn, if they have more than 7 cards in their hand, they must discard cards until they have 7 cards in their hand.

Promos #29 and #30 are a reprinted Celebi from the one released at Pokémon 4ever, and a 3rd reprint of Suicune from Aquapolis. The rest of the promo cards are the legendary birds from the tins.

Back