Quad Mew [April Fools]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
~~~This was an April Fools Joke~~~

Use this thread for all discussion of Quad Mew. The idea of the deck is to use Mew EX to copy G-Booster and attack for free. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs. You may post decklists here, but only as a means of adding to the discussion.

Skeleton List:

Pokemon: 5
  • 4 Mew EX LTR
  • 1 Mew EX DRX

Trainers: 37
  • 4 Professor N
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Tierno
  • 2 Shadow Triad
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Plasma Ball
  • 4 Switch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Blue Eyes White Dragon
  • 1 G-Booster

Energy: 12
  • 4 Blend
  • 4 Rainbow
  • 4 Ether

Free Space: 6

General tips for using Quad Mew EX:
  • Generally, the best course of action when you see a Zoarark is to copy Foul Play and use G-Booster. Remember, you don't have to discard the energy as long as you're using Versatile in order to attack.
  • If you happen to use Landorus EX's Land's Judgement and opt to discard the energies, you can change the Blend energy to a different type before you discard. It's great for dealing an easy 150 damage every turn.
  • A really good strategy to stall out the game if you're ahead works if your opponent has Zoarark active. You can copy Foul Play with Versatile, and then select Foul Play after you use Foul Play. By using Foul Play, you can now Foul Play Foul Play Foul Play.
  • Just watch out in case your opponent happens to Dowsing for G-Booster. It's one of the more potent combos that this deck has trouble handling.
  • Make sure to use Aromatisse's Fairy Wind if they're playing Aromatisse.
  • Build a house out of your discard pile in the middle of the game.

If you have any further questions, please ask in the rulings forum. Remember to not post scans!

RE: Quad Mew

That looks like a great deck camo! I can't wait to try it out at my next League Challenge!

Camoclone said:
Use this thread for all discussion of Quad Mew. The idea of the deck is to use Mew EX to copy G-Booster and attack for free. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs. You may post decklists here, but only as a means of adding to the discussion.

Skeleton List:

Pokemon: 5
  • 4 Mew EX LTR
  • 1 Mew EX DRX

Trainers: 37
  • 4 Professor N
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Tierno
  • 2 Shadow Triad
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Plasma Ball
  • 4 Switch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Blue Eyes White Dragon
  • 1 G-Booster

Energy: 12
  • 4 Blend
  • 4 Rainbow
  • 4 Ether

Free Space: 6

General tips for using Quad Mew EX:
  • Generally, the best course of action when you see a Zoarark is to copy Foul Play and use G-Booster. Remember, you don't have to discard the energy as long as you're using Versatile in order to attack.
  • If you happen to use Landorus EX's Land's Judgement and opt to discard the energies, you can change the Blend energy to a different type before you discard. It's great for dealing an easy 150 damage every turn.
  • A really good strategy to stall out the game if you're ahead works if your opponent has Zoarark active. You can copy Foul Play with Versatile, and then select Foul Play after you use Foul Play. By using Foul Play, you can now Foul Play Foul Play Foul Play.
  • Just watch out in case your opponent happens to Dowsing for G-Booster. It's one of the more potent combos that this deck has trouble handling.
  • Make sure to use Aromatisse's Fairy Wind if they're playing Aromatisse.
  • Build a house out of your discard pile in the middle of the game.

If you have any further questions, please ask in the rulings forum. Remember to not post scans!

I've spotted some problems with this:
A) there are 5 Mew EX and
B) you can't combine juniper and sycamore

Like Scorched Feathers said, I would add more G-Booster. The best fix for this is to take out the two Random Receiver and add like 5 more G-Booster. Also find a way to put in 4 Double Rainbow Energy to fix G-Booster's discarding energy problem. (you can always get the Double Rainbow back with SER)

I don't know... I think the best way to go would be to add two more Blue Eyes!
It would max out consistency and then you could use blend energy to fuse them into Ultimate...
Just saying..

Actually can't Dark Magician be forgone for Grand Ezel Scissors? That way you can cut your opponent's cards up

Squirtle Squad said:
I don't know... I think the best way to go would be to add two more Blue Eyes!
It would max out consistency and then you could use blend energy to fuse them into Ultimate...
Just saying..

That would be a good decision, but would be more preference, I feel.

Brave Vesperia said:
Actually can't Dark Magician be forgone for Grand Ezel Scissors? That way you can cut your opponent's cards up

Grand Ezel Scissors is inferior to Star-vader, "Omega" Glendios. Why not keep them face down so they can never start the game?

How do you guys feel about a tech G-Scope in here? I think it could be quite useful. I could probably remove the plasma ball for it. I'm also considering adding one Zoarark so I can use it's attack even when my opponent isn't playing it.

I don't know about you guys but I also run a one-of Spritzee XY in this. Especially for those awkward moments when there is no G-Booster out. It makes for a pretty decent secondary attacker and also has a good healing factor.
Could almost be a staple in this deck I feel.

Camoclone said:
How do you guys feel about a tech G-Scope in here? I think it could be quite useful. I could probably remove the plasma ball for it. I'm also considering adding one Zoarark so I can use it's attack even when my opponent isn't playing it.

Don't take out Plasma Ball, it's necessary to search out Blue Eyes! Just up the card limit in this!

Squirtle Squad said:
I don't know about you guys but I also run a one-of Spritzee XY in this. Especially for those awkward moments when there is no G-Booster out. It makes for a pretty decent secondary attacker and also has a good healing factor.
Could almost be a staple in this deck I feel.

Yeah, also, run 1 Pokémon Center Lady in Japanese, so that you can do anything with it!

And where are the Special Darkness and Metal Energy?! o_O And also, isn't Feebas a good draw poke? You can use it to begin with. That or Shining Delta M-Mawile-ex*Lv.X legend PRIME-EX, perhaps?

I'm surprised you don't play Kecleon. It's a one prize attacker that can also copy G Booster. I would also try playing some Plasma Energy and Colress Machine to accelerate Mew. You can also use them for Red Signal if your opponent is using Genesect. Celebi EX is also pretty solid, since it lets you use the attacks of your opponent's pre-evolutions.

You should also include some Lasers and Virbanks in case you play against a Quad Snorlax deck, since you can copy Block. That's a really hard match up otherwise, and they're also useful if you want to OHKO a Mega Evolution with G Booster. Trash Claw is also really good for recovering G Booster.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the Ninjask/Shedinja match up? It's a near auto-loss, since you can't take 2 prizes with each G Booster. The best I've found is Lugia EX, since it can still take 1 prize off of Shedinjas. You can also copy Dig if you have Celebi out and never get hurt. It's pretty easy to flip 79 heads in a row, but I can never seem to get the 80th.

Machamp The Champion said:
I'm surprised you don't play Kecleon. It's a one prize attacker that can also copy G Booster. I would also try playing some Plasma Energy and Colress Machine to accelerate Mew. You can also use them for Red Signal if your opponent is using Genesect. Celebi EX is also pretty solid, since it lets you use the attacks of your opponent's pre-evolutions.

You should also include some Lasers and Virbanks in case you play against a Quad Snorlax deck, since you can copy Block. That's a really hard match up otherwise, and they're also useful if you want to OHKO a Mega Evolution with G Booster. Trash Claw is also really good for recovering G Booster.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the Ninjask/Shedinja match up? It's a near auto-loss, since you can't take 2 prizes with each G Booster. The best I've found is Lugia EX, since it can still take 1 prize off of Shedinjas. You can also copy Dig if you have Celebi out and never get hurt. It's pretty easy to flip 79 heads in a row, but I can never seem to get the 80th.

Why would you play plasma energy with colress machine? It wastes 4 spots where colress machine immediately gets you free energy!

One bad match this deck has is Sneasel/Slowking. I played like, what? Close to 3 whole games against it with this, and I lost every time. I know the decklist is practically perfect, so it can't be that. I'm thinking of adding 5 Special Darkness Energy so when Mew EX copies Beat Up, it'll do more damage.

Brave Vesperia said:
One bad match this deck has is Sneasel/Slowking. I played like, what? Close to 3 whole games against it with this, and I lost every time. I know the decklist is practically perfect, so it can't be that. I'm thinking of adding 5 Special Darkness Energy so when Mew EX copies Beat Up, it'll do more damage.
Another bad matchup would be the mirror. I'd say it is like 35-65 because they are super effective against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back