Question about unwarping those foil cards...

nerdstar_ink

Mr. Main Event
I've been doing a lot of trades lately and been getting those heat warpish cards [where it curves]. Does anyone have any advice on "unwarping" them back into neutral card position [without the use of forcefully bending it back] into position, as it may damage the card., it really angers me and the fact that people may "accuse" me of stacking my deck because I know which one is foil and what not...

I don't really mind it. Lol, I actually like it that they're the way they are, especially when you find one in a pack, "Oh hey, this card is bent, it's a foil!"

LMAO that's so true... But the place I play at, a lot of people cheat and people will start calling if anything suspicious happens, it's freakin' intense. I actually got called once because I wanted to roll to determine who goes first, but the dude was flippin' out and said we had to flip a coin. Ridiculous!!! But yea i really want to get rid of that blasted warp somehow... especially when it comes down to prizes... it's like oh I know that's one of the Lv.Xs in my deck. Gotta pick that one up...

nerdstar_ink said:
LMAO that's so true... But the place I play at, a lot of people cheat and people will start calling if anything suspicious happens, it's freakin' intense. I actually got called once because I wanted to roll to determine who goes first, but the dude was flippin' out and said we had to flip a coin. Ridiculous!!! But yea i really want to get rid of that blasted warp somehow... especially when it comes down to prizes... it's like oh I know that's one of the Lv.Xs in my deck. Gotta pick that one up...

Wouldn't sleeves help keep it in shape while it's in there?

I tried it and left it alone for about a week and it's still warped... I even tried out my friends method in smashing it tightly and stick it in the fridge for about a day and that did not work either... stupid foil warps...

nerdstar_ink said:
I tried it and left it alone for about a week and it's still warped... I even tried out my friends method in smashing it tightly and stick it in the fridge for about a day and that did not work either... stupid foil warps...

Well is it very noticeable with sleeves?

How about sticking it in the middle of a book and stacking some heavy stuff on it (leaving it for a day or two)? Maybe taking another card that does the same thing and placing it in the opposite direction in the sleeve... thats all I can think of.

only way to prevent warping is to put them straight from the pack into thick deckprotector sleeves or into a toploader.
once the card starts warping, theres really no way to get it back, other than physically bending the warp out of it on a smooth curved surface

I keep leaving my cards in my hot car during work by accident. lol They are in binder pages but its soo hot that I have to let the binders and deck boxes cool down before I touch them. The ones in the binder have no arch tho. So maybe they gain an arc from heat, but if you have them in a hot spot where they are in a flat state you can reverse it???

Actually as stupid as it may sound I bend them back into place sometimes. If you do it lightly it doesn't leave crease marks or anything like that. However your better option would be to put them in the middle of a dictionary or some sort of thick book.

Thick book it. I agree with Zierant in the fact that it feels good to know that a card is foil when you get 'em out of the pack.

I would think that if you get new sleeves, they'll stop being pests about it. If it bothers you that much, that's what I'd do. Try a Prerelease sleeve or whatever, and see if it's noticeable.

I recommend putting the card in a sleeve, then a toploader, then place it in your garage or on pavement with a piece of plywood over it. Finally, park your car on it!

Rikko145 said:
I recommend putting the card in a sleeve, then a toploader, then place it in your garage or on pavement with a piece of plywood over it. Finally, park your car on it!

Make sure an elephant is in your car first.

PikachewTofu said:
Make sure an elephant is in your car first.

No, I mean that actually works. I had a Flygon Lv.X that I left in the car when it was hot/humid and I didn't go get it for like, 3 days. So that's what I did!

Rikko145 said:
No, I mean that actually works. I had a Flygon Lv.X that I left in the car when it was hot/humid and I didn't go get it for like, 3 days. So that's what I did!
No, I'm serious about getting that elephant (donphan).

Back