Discussion Questions about returning to comp.

penguin1991

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys!
I'm an oldschool long time TCG competitive player from 2002 to around 2014 i think, as my last few decks were garchomp, and blastiose/kaledo ex. :D

Anyways, about 6 of my friends just jumped into the TCG and now I'm back in it, addicted as I was years ago. With no PoP currently and me being out of the scene for almost 7 years, I'm wondering what to expect and how to go about getting back into it.
Can i just find events on the website when it goes back to normal?
Are the tournaments more of standard or expanded, how much are the entry fees now?
Are we to old, now that we are in our early 30's? (I remember a lot of older players when i was 19 and playing)
Advice on how to break into the scene, with 6 begginers as well?

I've bought both league battle decks, and a bunch of staples, we did our own pre release tournament and we host weekly tournaments with a 3 pack buy in top 3 pays out. I've been working on getting their collections going, and teaching them how to play effectively.

Any advice would be amazing thank you.

the pokemon website will help you find leagues and various events.
think the majority of events are standard but it depends on the area and other factors, for example if the upcoming regional was expanded, I'd make my league events before it expanded.
entry fee depends on the event, I've seen challenges be $0-10, cups $10-20, regionals $20-30, but the store/organizer can charge whatever they want.
I've seen people of all ages playing.
the best way to get back into it would likely be regularly attending league at your local store, as the majority of events are at the store level these days.

hope that helps

Back