Rampardos fossil ... basic or treiner ?

Rampardos "basic" pokemon / treiner !!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slashuur

Aspiring Trainer
RAMPARDOS GC

his "basic" is a fossil ...
So in the match start can we play it as a basic (face down) ?

or

it isnt a basic and cant be played in match start faced down ... ?

Discuss

you can play it face down, but you can't play it down on your first turn because it counts as playing a trainer.

If it's in your starting hand, and it's the only basic, you have to play it.

If you put it face down for the start of the match, it's a pokemon. If you go first, then you can't play any from your hand until your next turn

The fallen one hit it perfectly. What, exactly, is so hard about checking the COMPENDIUM?

Q. At the beginning of the game, can I start with a Mysterious/Claw/Root Fossil as my Active Pokémon even if I have another "real" Pokémon on the bench?
A. Yes, you can start with a Fossil Trainer card as your Active Pokémon, at the start of the game. (Oct 2, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I play Old Amber as a Basic Pokemon during setup, like we do with other Fossil cards?
A. Old Amber is considered part of the fossil group in general, but not as a Fossil by name. So you may play it as a Basic Pokemon during setup, and you must play it if you have no other Basic Pokemon or other Fossil cards in your hand. (May 22, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

* Beginning with the "Diamond & Pearl" expansion, the player who goes first now draws a card at the beginning of his or her turn. That player may not play ANY Trainer cards (including Fossils), Supporter cards, nor Stadium cards from his or her hand on his or her first turn. (May 3, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Slashuur said:
thanks ppl

so if the fossil is only card in hand .. it is considered a basic ... xD

thanks

Partly. If it's in your starting hand, you can play it down as a basic. If it's the only card in your hand, you absolutely have to play it.

don't have the card in front of me right now... but if I use the effect to discard it during my turn, does it count towards the prizes?

Clear said:
don't have the card in front of me right now... but if I use the effect to discard it during my turn, does it count towards the prizes?

Off topic, but no. It says that when you discard it, it doesn't count as a knocked out pokemon.

Fossils only count for a prize if they were literally knocked out. Discarding saves them from being KO'd, in a sense.

Back