Ruling rare candy

edwardooi

The strongest pokemon card trainer
hey,everybody.
i want to ask like when my active pokemon is charmander.Can i use rare candy and evolve it to charizard ex immediatly?

Yes you can,I did this last weekend at my local tourny, but I did Totodile to Gatr.....like this:
http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Unseen/078.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Sandstorm/088-rare-candy.jpg
(mind you the one I used was from Emerald)
http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Unseen/004.jpg
I had a UFO Cosola, & TRR Rev-Holo Horsea on the bench(what I call the feild....I also play Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)

Did you read the Compendium?

Compendium said:
Q. Can I use Rare Candy on the first turn of a game (when Pokémon are not normally allowed to evolve)?
A. Yes, this is now permissible. (Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on a Pokémon's first turn in play? For example, can I place down a Wurmple and then use Rare Candy on the same turn to evolve it into Dustox or Beautifly?
A. Yes, Rare Candy allows you to evolve a Pokémon the first turn it is in play. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

edwardooi
Your welcome....just give me a PM if have any more trouble...& I'll find out for you ok>

Just a side note, you can't use Rare Candy to evolve things with Baby Evolution into their Basic's evolved form (like Igglybuff straight to Wigglytuff, you can not do that).

Similarly, you can't use Wally's Training on things with Baby Evolution to search out their Basic evolved form (like Igglybuff -> Wally's Training -> Jigglypuff, this is not allowed).

jayh272416 said:
As long as the stage 2 is the final evolution of the basic, it IS allowed.

~_~ wrong jayh... you can use rare candy to evovle to a stage 1 pokemon...

Compendium said:
Q. Can I use Rare Candy to place a Stage 2 onto a Basic Pokémon?
A. You can use Rare Candy to evolve a Basic Pokémon into a Stage 1 or Stage 2. This essentially counts as your "Evolution" for that Pokémon that turn, although it's not restricted by the first turn the Pokémon is in play. The Stage 1 reference is because the card works on the turn the Basic is played. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy to evolve a Baby Pokémon into its next stage? What about the newer forms of babies that are considered "Basic Pokémon" but have the "Baby Evolution" Poké-POWER?
A. Rare Candy states if you have a card that "Evolves From" your Pokémon There are currently no cards with text saying "evolves from" its baby form, so Rare Candy will not work on any form of baby Pokémon (Oct 23, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy to evolve Pichu into Raichu EX?

A. No, Rare Candy states if you have a card that "Evolves From" your Pokémon Pikachu does not say that it "Evolves From" Pichu, so Rare Candy will not work in this situation. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team)
^ Applies for all basic pokemon with the "Baby Evolution" power. They Cannot be Candied.
That answer anything?

RE:   rare candy

kravenace said:
jayh272416 said:
As long as the stage 2 is the final evolution of the basic, it IS allowed.

~_~ wrong jayh... you can use rare candy to evovle to a stage 1 pokemon...
~_~ I am correct. I said that using that example of Charmander and Charizard EX. Everyone KNOWS that you CAN evolve a basic into 1 via Candy. I was only explaining. Did I ever say "Only if the stage 2 is the final evolution of the basic, it IS allowed."? No. I said As long.

and wallys trainner, I have a question about it, can I use it the first turn?
or can i evolve a basic to stage 1 and then use wallys in the same turn?

Back