• No idea?

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Well, it's exactly what it says on the title. I've had around 30 packs of Black and White, and I've pulled two basic Grass ({g}) energies and three basic Dark ({d}) energies. Are these cards really as common as they're supposed to be?
Is it just very, very weird fortune I've had, or is there a reasonable explanation to it?
What energies from this set have you got? Out of how many packs?
If everyone contributes, it can help us understand the rarity of the energies, or if they are what they claim to be. Thanks for your time.

For the mods:
I'll understand if you refer me to another thread and lock this, but I haven't seen anything of the sort around, and it'd be great to hear from other sources. Thanks to you too for your time.

I guess they are named common because they are widely available in theme decks...i myself have only bought 3 BW packs..so cant help much....i didnt pull any energy tho...

It was my understanding that the basic energies that come in the b/w theme decks aren't the same design as the ones that come in the packs...

I think you're right. I believe that the set is unmarked and they are simply the energy card and the year.

I've pulled all the energy cards expect psychic and grass. Only double I have is the dark one, so imo I don't think they are very common in booster packs

I've only bought around 5 packs of BW and I only pulled one Fighting Energy. That's all though, if I get more, I'll keep you posted.

In my box I got 14 energies....so based on that someone can do the math :p

To be more specific

3 Grass
1 Water
2 Lightning
3 Psychic
2 Fighting
1 Dark
2 Metal

Ok, thanks. So, it looks quite evenly spread. No fire is just random chance. I've had only about one energy in six packs on average, if not less, and they've not been a variety at all, but this is interesting. If anyone has another thing to say, feel free to. Quantity will help for a more accurate mean.

Thanks! I will calculate a mean (that won't be 100% accurate, but will tell us how common they are) once a few more people post figures.

They're probably just as common as any other common. I've had just as many Grass Energy as Zoruas and Klinks. (Like 3 of each, and I've had a fair few packs.) Well, I suppose they're very slightly harder since they don't exist in reverse, but ignoring that... Heck, for that matter, I pulled 2 energies at the SNEAK. (Grass and Dark)

Ah, ok. But there's that grass and dark theme again.
It seems that energies have their own division of rarity. I have more special energies than I do for basic energies from sets.

I've bought 25 packs total and have:
1 fire
1 lighting
2 psychic
1 fighting
2 darkness
1 metal

hope that helps

I guess you are right...there are more grass, psychic, and dark than any of the other energy. Fire seems to be the hardest to get...hmmm this is getting interesting

I also only had one Fire energy out of over 30 packs of HS, probably more like 40. And I had way more lightnings, psychics and darks than the others. Also, can you pull two basic energies in one pack?

P0KEVORTEX said:
I also only had one Fire energy out of over 30 packs of HS, probably more like 40. And I had way more lightnings, psychics and darks than the others. Also, can you pull two basic energies in one pack?
I've never heard of that happening. I'm assuming not. I mean, there probably aren't any rules about only putting one energy in a pack, so I guess it's possible. However, that's probably very rare.

My thoughts precisely. If none of us have got two in one pack, and even booster boxes haven't got them, then that's very strange. Because getting two commons in a pack isn't rare. And this is why I think there's something else that they've not made official. I think that some Japanese packs have always had an energy in, but it seems that we're not going to get that, but in the opposite direction.

My box had 11 energies. I don't remember how many of each, but I think I got metals the most.
I also got two of the 3 card packs, and both had an energy (Psychic and Metal).

Ok, thanks. Looks like they're supposed to be common, but most of us have had a lack of them. This has been interesting. We've pretty much got the idea by now, and we can never be truly certain, but this has been an interesting topic. Mods, you can lock this now if you want. In the meantime, anyone can post figures if they feel they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back