• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Raticate & Amoongus

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
There it is... this... simply awkward!

Pokemon: 18

4-4 {C} Raticate (Freeze Bolt)
4-4 {G} Amoongus (NEX)
2 {L} Emolga (DRGX)

T/S/S: 30

4 Lvl Ball
4 Devolution Spray
2 Switch
4 Catcher
3 Crushing Hammer
3 Tool Scrapper

2 Skyla
4 Juniper
4 N

Energy: 12

8 {G}
4 {C}{C} DCE

Strategy: Set up Raticate and fill the bench with Foongus. Evolving to Amoongus makes your opponent's active poisoned, then Raticate's Super Fang puts dmg till defending pokemon remains with 10HP, yes, poison will knock it out! So no way to avoid this, unless Garbodor's Ability.

Emolga to fill bench

Skyla to get Devolution spray in time.

Hammer time to slow down your opponent's game.

Advices?

4-4 Amoongus and 4 Devolution Spray should be more than plenty. Don't know what else to put in, though.

To avoid Garbordor, you can play tool scrapper, or Cather him up and use Raticates first attack.

Ok, I'll take out Enhanced Hammers for Tool Scrapper

-2 Enhanced Hammer
-1 Crushing Hammer

+3 Tool Scrapper

EXP shares anyone? The consistency of Raticate would increase dramatically with this because all you would need is a DCE to OHKO now. I also suggest Tornadus EX to take easy KOs.
EDIT: One Tornadus EX and the Asperita Gym. Takes easy KOs, donks, and is very very very very difficult to KO for most decks. Plus, it abuses DCE.

Speaking of, if you don't run Tornadus you can run the stadium (asperita gym) + large cloak to get Raticates hp up to a manageable 100.

Lumos77 said:
Speaking of, if you don't run Tornadus you can run the stadium (asperita gym) + large cloak to get Raticates hp up to a manageable 100.

That still leaves a lowish hp number, and not to mention fighting will just kick it off the table. A little too much work for something like that.

Some cool information: Against Zekeels, one of the faster decks in current format Raticate kicked ass

This Raticate speed is underestimated

Against Tetrakion... just poor tetrakion, T2 knocked out, no chance to charging energy, just flawless.

Please please, keep hating this deck! I I wouldnt want to go against it!

Well, the extra 40 hp saves you from the genies and makes it harder on Empoleon.
Also, can you say how you beat Zekeels? Unless he out down a ton of Exs it seems like a very difficult matchup

Lumos77 said:
Well, the extra 40 hp saves you from the genies and makes it harder on Empoleon.
Also, can you say how you beat Zekeels? Unless he out down a ton of Exs it seems like a very difficult matchup

Well, basically 6 OHKO consecutives, of course focusing on her Eels. Skyla and Devolution spray together was awesome, to be honest Zekeels wasnt able to set up a single pokemon.

Try some more tests, see what happens when they do get set up. Also, what happens when you run out of DCE or raticate?

Lumos77 said:
Try some more tests, see what happens when they do get set up. Also, what happens when you run out of DCE or raticate?

After few tests: None of the matches were out of Raticates or DCE, but sometimes I get screwed for not getting Amoongus or Devolution in time. To be honest, I just lose for the old but gold VVV.

I really like this deck, the idea of doing 170 plus from a raticate lol. I have a question, what happens if the opp. poke has eviolite attached?

pkolaboy said:
I really like this deck, the idea of doing 170 plus from a raticate lol. I have a question, what happens if the opp. poke has eviolite attached?

Raticate makes you put damage counters until the defending pokemon has 10 hp left. When it says damage counters, rather then a number for damage, it basically goes through a lot of things.
If you look at it in one way, you're not damaging it by hitting it regularly, you're just putting it there. And it causes pain either way.
Eviolite says block 20;
You're just bypassing it by putting them there, since it isn't a damage number. You can't subtract 20 from say, 10 damage counters placed.

Another way to look at it; You put the damage counters on the pokemon. After you place them, THEN they equal the amount.

think about adding First Ticket – Trainer to this deck, stage 1 deck taking the first turn would make this deck awesome.

Slowbrother said:
Some cool information: Against Zekeels, one of the faster decks in current format Raticate kicked grass

This Raticate speed is underestimated

Against Tetrakion... just poor tetrakion, T2 knocked out, no chance to charging energy, just flawless.

Please please, keep hating this deck! I I wouldnt want to go against it!

I would just like to say this,
Raticate/Amoongus T1: Get Rattata w/ a DCE/Grass on it, attack
Terrakion T1: Get at least 1 Terrakion, 90% you will mange to get two, attach to the benched one

Raticate/Amoongus T2: Evolve into Raticate, attach Energy, put Terrakion to 10HP
Terrakion T2: Attach to the Terrakion w/ zero energy

Raticate/Amoongus T3: KO a Terrakion.
Terrakion T3: Terrkion Retaliates for a flawless OHKO.

There would have to be a lot of luck involved, even if you go first, you may as well scoop if you go second.

pkolaboy said:

I'm pretty sure even with Plus Power it doesn't KO anything, my mistake if I am wrong.

Anyway
-1 N

+1 Super Rod

The point is to use Amoongus to poison from the bench to take that last 10 damage with poison.

Back