• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Raykou

Jensen39

Aspiring Trainer
Just started playin pokemon again when bw base came out ive bought boxes from most of the sets and got a couple good pulls from a prerealease or two and this is what ive built im looking for any tips possible however i will say that this deck does work ive faced many people who went to nationals this year and faired well and beaten them or at least faired well and could have beaten them including a former worlds runner up. The strategy of this deck can get a little crazy at times but my friends are convinved its one of the easiest decks to play with. I run eels mostly because its easiest to get my electric energies back and most of my pokemon only need colorless energies. Im looking to be competitive this year at BRs state and regionals if possible my goal is to get to nats if possible any help is much appreciated

1 Rayquaza EX (DR 85)
1 Thundurus (EP 97)
1 Zorua (DE 69)
2 Sigilyph (DR 52)
2 Eelektrik (NV 40)
2 Tynamo (NV 38)
1 Regigigas EX (ND 82)
1 Raikou-EX (DE 38)
1 Mewtwo EX (ND 54)
1 Zoroark (BW 71)
1 Bouffalant (DR 110)

1 Pokemon Center (ND 90)
1 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 N (NV 92)
2 Switch (BW 104)
2 Giant Cape (DR 114)
1 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 Professor Juniper (BW 101)
1 Skyarrow Bridge (ND 91)
2 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)
1 Random Receiver (DE 99)
3 Cheren (EP 91)
2 Level Ball (ND 89)
2 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)

4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)
3 Prism Energy (ND 93)
4 Psychic Energy (BW 109)
2 Fire Energy (BW 106)
1 Blend Energy GRPD (DR 117)
8 Lightning Energy (BW 108)

RE: Odd deck for a semi newbie need tips

You dont need psychic energies. It only works on mewtwo second attack. Zoroark and Regigigas are uneeded and I would prefer running more Raikous. Run 2 skyarrow bridge and no pokemon center. Place 2 Zekroms and 2 more catcher. Run 2 more tynamos and 1 more eelektrik.

Please add the main Pokémon of your deck to the title of your thread. Thank you.

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
You don't need psychic energies. It only works on mewtwo second attack. Zoroark and Regigigas are uneeded and I would prefer running more Raikous. Run 2 skyarrow bridge and no pokemon center. Place 2 Zekroms and 2 more catcher. Run 2 more tynamos and 1 more eelektrik.
The psychics are there for two major reasons one being sigilyph and to put on Raikou so if I have two prisms on him I hit for 100 a turn with no discarding.

I agree Regigigas is just in the deck as filler at the moment, I like having zoroark for the cheap double colorless attack to use hopefully an Ex attack.

The reason i have the pokemon center is to get rid of an opponents skyarrow in case it is working against me at the moment.

adding 2 zekroms is interesting. I would love to use more catchers i just dont have them but i will work on that.

With getting rid of regigigas i will deffinitely try to fit another eel in there.

Thanks for the suggestions if you could explain some more reasoning behind some of the changes that would be much appreciated

1st there is no point in running more then 2 maybe 3 of 1 other energy that's not electric since electric energy is the only kind you can accelerate. When you get more Raikou Ex having more sky arrow of pokemon center still helps you in the long run more since anything they retreat you can just snipe. Sigalyph and Rayquazza EX aren't really consistant together even with prism cause it can easily be hammered or Mach Cut (Garchomp) away. I like the idea of Zorark.
Pokemon
-1 Rayquazza Ex
-1 Regigigas
-1 Boufalant (You don't need anymore Fighting weaknesses)
-1 Sigilyph (more of a tech card anyway)
-1 Thundorous (If you wanna use Zorark you need to invest at least a 2-2 line so this has to come out to make space)

+1 Mewtwo
+1 tynamo
+1 Eelektric
+1 Raikou Ex
+1 Zorua
+1 Zorark

Energy
-1 Blend Energy
-2 Fire energy
-4 Psychic Energy

+2 Electric Energy

Trainers