Help Rejoining the TCG Meta:

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
Hey guys!

It's been a while since being involved in the TCG community, and I'm honestly super out of the loop on everything. For context, the last deck I played was Greninja BREAK :eek:

That being said, what would you guys suggest being my first buy/deck/cards to start back up? Budget decks preferred, but really just trying to get caught up with the new rules, staples, etc.

Any tips for a returning player appreciated!

Thanks guys!

The cheapest option to have a basically-meta deck right now is to find a League Battle Deck of ADP/Zacian (or, better yet, two of them). As much as everyone here is going to complain about the deck with the rest of the posts in the thread, the league battle deck makes the current meta remarkably *affordable* to participate in, if nothing else. $25 for one or $50 for two is an amazing price for an instantly competitive deck, in my mind at least.

(ADP = Arceus/Dialga/Palkia Tag Team.)

The next cheapest meta-ish deck is probably Blacephalon, which is fun and does okay in tournaments. Probably $70-$80ish for the full meta deck. Pikachu/Zekrom is also very competitive, and also has a League Battle Deck, though not all of the cards in that deck are Standard anymore; the full deck though is also in that $80-$100 range so not super crazy.

Check out Limitless (limitlesstcg.com) for the current options; the Global Championships is probably a good place to start, only one expansion has come out since then and nothing's rotated out other than a few minor bans.

You also could easily pick up Expanded, though it's a lot more expensive and harder to find actual tournaments right now; it's still possible to play some older archetypes, even, though they're slowly getting powercrept (and banned) out of existence.

Thanks so much man! Appreciate the info :D

EDIT: Heard good things about the Trainer's Toolkit Box as well, any opinion on that?

Thanks so much man! Appreciate the info :D

EDIT: Heard good things about the Trainer's Toolkit Box as well, any opinion on that?

yeah it's great, you get Dedenne-GX which is a must in a lot of decks and two Boss's Orders which are a must in ADPZ, so it's a win-win. It comes with boosters and other useful trainers too, so I'd get it if I were you.

yeah it's great, you get Dedenne-GX which is a must in a lot of decks and two Boss's Orders which are a must in ADPZ, so it's a win-win. It comes with boosters and other useful trainers too, so I'd get it if I were you.

Awesome! I'll definitely check that out!

Maybe I'm just old, but what is "ADPZ"? :confused:

Back