Discussion Relicanth

LittenFaffers

Arven is overrated
When Relicanth’s ability from TEF states “Each of your evolved Pokémon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)”, it never actually specifies that its pre-evolution has to be on the evolved Pokémon. Therefore, if I use, say, archeops from Silver Tempest, can I use archen’s attack, even if I bring archeops back from the discard pile?

I would say that Archeops doesn't have Archen as a previous evolution at that time. Otherwise, where is the limit? Can you use an Archen's attack even if you don't have a copy of the card to show (because it's prized for example)? What if it's not even in your deck? The only workable scenario is that the Archeops needs to have evolved from the Archen for it to count as its pre-evolution.

"Each of your evolved Pokémon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions."

Evolved pokémon =/= evolution pokémon

Archeops is an evolution pokémon but in this scenario it was never evolved, it was put in play by Lugia VSTAR's ability, so no, it can't use attacks from its pre-evolution. You saying that "it doesn't specify that its pre-evolution has to be on the evolved Pokémon" is false because the use of the word "evolved" implies specifically that it does need.

Last edited:
Back