Remember your first booster packs?

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Ah, the first booster pack of a set always leaves an imprint in the mind. I remember all my rares, but few to none of the commons or uncommons. Here are my first boosters:
Base: Never got one. Just traded for cards.
Jungle: All I remember is that it was real bad.... the rare was a non-holo Electrode. My brother, on the other hand, got a holo Wigglytuff. :(
Fossil: Got a holo Hitmonlee!!!! Yay!
Gym Heroes: Let's see.... Rocket's Snorlax, Erika's Tangela, Misty's Tentacool, Misty's Seel, Trash Exchange.... My dad bought this for me after I went fishing with him... *sigh* Ah, the memories.... This was 5 years ago. After this, all the boosters I got were after I got back into Pokemon last summer (and tried to catch up with with all the new sets). They are NOT in the order i got them.
Gym Challenge: Blaine (holo), Koga's Tangela, Koga's Weedle, Lt. Surge's Electrode... groan I already had a holo Blaine...
Neo Genesis: Sneasel, Bayleef, Horsea... Got it a few weeks ago. Of course, it wasn't until I bought it that i noticed it was in German...
Neo Discovery: Not bad... Espeon (holo), Kabuto, Omanyte, Sentret, Hoppip, Spinarak...
Neo Revelation: Haven't seen one ANYWHERE.
Neo Destiny: Dark Crobat, Mantine, Scyther, Remoraid, Unown T.... I already had half the cards in this set, and got NO doubles! Hooray!
Expedition: RH Mew, Dragonite, Cyndaquil, Charmander, graveler, Gastly, Wartortle.... A good start.
Aquapolis: Elekid, RH Darkness energy, Memory Berry.... meh.
Skyridge: DYING to get one...
Ruby/Sapphire: Breloom, RH Weezing.... Got it for Christmas. I should remember better....
Sandstorm: Shiftry (non-holo), Seviper, RH Root Fossil, Murkrow, Growlithe, Marril.... Now THIS is strange.... 2 rares and one Reverse Holo in a pack. Got the same thing with a Ruby/Sapphire pack the other day.... hmm...
Dragon: Crawdaunt (non-holo), RH Mudkip, Mudkip, Taillow, Houndour.... Terrible... got the normal AND Reverse Holo of the same card in a pack.
Hidden Legends: Ninetales, RH Gorebyss, Rhyhorn, Spheal.... Not bad.
Fire Red/Leaf Green: It was terrible... Kingler, RH Magikarp, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Pikachu.... seriously, who wants a holo Magikarp in their pack?!
Team Rocket Returns: Dark Ampharos, Dark Arbok, Koffing, Dark Weezing, RH Swoop! Pokemon Teleporter... Great pack! This was right after I had been playing Silver version, and Ampharos was one of my main party Pokemon.... I was ecstatic...
Deoxys: Ah, I shall never forget it.... RH Shiftry, Nincada, Shroomish, Starmie, Lunatone, Zubat, Slugma, Bagon... and, you ready for this?, DEOXYS EX!!!!! (defense) This was the second booster I got, so I didn't know beans about EXs. But an EX in my second pack.... wow.... I didn't get HL Regice EX until 15 packs later...
Emerald: NO STORES AROUND HERE SELL EMERALD CARDS!!!!! Apparently they know they're terrible...
Unseen Forces: Smoochum, RH Slowbro, Totodile.... from the moment I opened this pack, I knew I liked the set. BEST SET EVER!!!!
Delta Species: First booster I got in over 5 years.... Azumarril, RH Zubat, Beldum, Makuhita, Koffing... It's a miracle I didn't just give up Pokemon after this.
Legend Maker: IT WAS SOOOO BAD!!!! Rainbow Energy, RH Cursed Stone, Strange Cave, Claw Fossil, Mysterious Fossil, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Aron, Wurmple.... ugh. The second pack was much better... it had a Banette EX!!!!

So, you have now relived part of my Pokemon life. Share some of yours with me!

Well, I only remember my HP and LM one, (Ill start wif HP) it had a Flygon in side it, and well, thats all I remember

for LM, it had Misdreavus, Wurmple :( Wailmer :D Paranoid Machoke :D:D and some others

My first booster had a maganium in it and I had 1000 cards when I got my first pack.:)

My 1st one was base:
THE RARE WAS:
CHARIZARD!!!
& I was with 3 other people.....but they didn't get what they wanted....

My first Booster was a 1st Ed. Jungle when they came out. I still have nearly all of the cards^^

I remember my first pack like it was yesterday (well, almost). It was a Base Set pack and I pulled a Gyrados and a Lass (two rares in one pack!) I don't remember any of the other cards but I think one was Porygon, Gastly, or Pidgeotto... And I can't remeber my second pack because after that I was getting so many packs it was hard to keep up with all of the cards. Although I do remember pulling a Base Blastoise in my first Japanese Base Set pack not to long after...

in my first LM pack: Mew ex :)
in my first HP pack: MEW EX!!!
(JUST MY LUCK...)
my first rare in a booster... JUNGLE SCYTHER!

I forgot what I got in my first booster in each expansion, but I DO remember what rare I got from my very first booster and in my first R/S booster...

1st booster = Base Set = got Mewtwo holo
1st Ex R/S got Mewtwo Ex and Weezing
:p

Back