• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshiram/Emboar

Regirocket

Poor College Student
With Plasmaklang showing some success, I wanted to build a deck I thought could stand up to it, and still have a better-than-horrible- matchup to Blastoise and the fearsome Pony-of-Doom. So I made a variant of ReshiBoar that I think stands up alright.

Pokemon: (13)
3-1-3 Emboar (B/W)
3 Reshiram (B/W)
2 Entei EX (DEX)
1 Mewtwo EX (NXD)
Trainers: (35)
4 N
3 Professor Juniper
2 Bianca
2 Cilan
1 Computer Search
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Switch
4 Rare Candy
3 Heavy Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod
1 Tool Scrapper

Energy: (12)
12 Fire Energy

Welp, that's the deck. Strategy is to get an Emboar on the bench as quickly as possible, and then use its ability to put enough energy on Reshiram (or whatever other attacker seems more fit at the time) to do a decent amount of damage, and swing for the fences. I've had a little bit of trouble with running out of energies if the game goes to the end of the deck, but other than that it's held up nicely. Anythings I should consider? Anything I forgot that I should be slapped for? Help?

ashtavakra said:
-1 pignite
-1 entei ex
+1 mewtwo ex
+1 energy retrieval

Why remove an Entei when it can attack AND bring energy out of the discard pile? I'd say keep the Entei, lose a Level Ball. The only thing you're using it for is Tepig really.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! RESHIBOAR!!!!! *Shudders* What has this world come to??? [/rage]

Good luck against Blastoise/Keldeo.

SheNinja said:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! RESHIBOAR!!!!! *Shudders* What has this world come to??? [/rage]

What's the matter with ReshiBoar? D: and the blastoise match up isn't much of a big deal anyways because of hp, so meh.

Regirocket said:
SheNinja said:

What's the matter with ReshiBoar? D: and the blastoise match up isn't much of a big deal anyways because of hp, so meh.

Well buddy, assuming Reshiram is your main attacker HP won't really help you against Keldeo EX with 1 energy attached to it doing 140 dmg to your Reshi..

VictiniLover said:
Regirocket said:

Well buddy, assuming Reshiram is your main attacker HP won't really help you against Keldeo EX with 1 energy attached to it doing 140 dmg to your Reshi..
That was my point, I just worded it poorly... I meant that since Keldeo would OHKO my Reshirams anyways, I don't really care about that match up...

Regirocket said:
VictiniLover said:
That was my point, I just worded it poorly... I meant that since Keldeo would OHKO my Reshirams anyways, I don't really care about that match up...

if you have 2 mewtwo, in the deck.
if you can out play your opponent in the event that
you can trade 1-2 reshiram in 2 for 1 prize exchanges
keldeo isn't a problem then.
entei just runs liability and if you did play 2 multiple entei
when you go against a keldeo/blastoise those cards are useless because they are too easy of prizes. ESPECIALLY if you start with it and leave it in play. that's cutting into your chances of winning down weakness HARD.

-1 Tool Scrapper
-1 Level Ball
+2 Skyla

Skyla will help you get a t2 Emboar, speeding up your deck. You don't have to remove the suggested cards, but I do really recomend Skyla. Otherwise looks pretty solid.

Back