Restored Pokemon mechanic!

TheSensational

It came with the Noble Victories set and, while I sorta understand it, I want to know why people hate it(Not that I'm all for it). Also, can it be used competitively and are their any decks making use of this mechanic?

It's hated because it's luck-based. Even if you do get a revived Pokemon out, it will probably be dragged active via Pokemon Catcher and knocked out before it has the chance to evolve. Carracosta is a pretty mediocre card anyway, and the mechanic takes too lock to get Archeops up for that to work. We've become accustomed to benching two basics to guarantee one of them can evolve. Not even being guaranteed the ability to bench even one makes it hard to like. I'd say it has no chance to be used competitively, and nobody has made competitive use of it yet.

I'm honestly hoping with all these themed sets coming out recently (dark type set, dragon set, etc.) that we get a set very fossil based. These cards are pretty solid, but they are just such a hassle to get out in play, even with cards like Research Records. I'm really hoping they give us something akin to Strange Cave (legend maker) that gives us an easier way to get these fossils out.

I just made one, but not for competitive play. I like it but it is rather inconsistent. There are ways to increase your chances like Research Records like you said. However, it almost needs to unlimited with something like Claydol I'm finding out to make it worth it. Celebi is right I would imagine as far as competition goes. He helped me out a lot with my deck actually, so I definitely see truth in what he's saying.

I play unlimited with my friends only and don't face the powerhouse decks or overly complicated decks, so when the combo works it works pretty well!

Back