Return of the Moon – Roaring Moon ex in the Shrouded Fable Meta

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hey PokeBeach readers! Hope you had a great summer and are looking forward to 2024-25 season! The World Championships just ended, but we have a plethora of Regionals and SPEs already starting up.
SWSH12_EN_136.png

Let’s quickly start by talking about Worlds. I tested a ton of different decks, and none stuck out to me as a perfect play. Every deck has at least one or two bad matchups against a meta-relevant deck. The format feels wide in the sense that there are so many different archetypes and many of them see a metashare in that 5-10% range. The one thing I was confident about was that Regidrago VSTAR was going to be the most popular deck in the room. The deck does have the highest power level of any deck and it is hard to straight-up counter it. In the end, I decided to join the masses and played Regidrago VSTAR for the...

Continue reading...

This is the deck that got me back playing TCG, and I feel like I need to reach back to my new roots and main my moons again. I like the card list, will definitely be building this one.

This is the deck that got me back playing TCG, and I feel like I need to reach back to my new roots and main my moons again. I like the card list, will definitely be building this one.
I feel like Roaring Moon is an old favourite for so many people. I would not be surprised to see the deck have a huge resurgence!

I feel like Roaring Moon is an old favourite for so many people. I would not be surprised to see the deck have a huge resurgence!
Thinking forward into Stellar Crown, would the Noctowl, Glass trumpet and Tera combo be a good fit? with some energy switches? I was thinking about making it more like raging bolt with the Tera support from Teal Mask.
Teal Dance > sada / dark patch (trumpet w/ Noctowl and E-switch) / manual attach and attack.
It defiantly something to think about.

Thinking forward into Stellar Crown, would the Noctowl, Glass trumpet and Tera combo be a good fit? with some energy switches? I was thinking about making it more like raging bolt with the Tera support from Teal Mask.
Teal Dance > sada / dark patch (trumpet w/ Noctowl and E-switch) / manual attach and attack.
It defiantly something to think about.
I don't think the deck needs more energy acceleration to work. You're also adding a bunch more moving pieces now and removing Pokestop. Noctowl also requires a turn to come in to play which goes against the turbo turn one strategy. You can definitely give it a try, but I think the deck will stick to its current engine

I don't think the deck needs more energy acceleration to work. You're also adding a bunch more moving pieces now and removing Pokestop. Noctowl also requires a turn to come in to play which goes against the turbo turn one strategy. You can definitely give it a try, but I think the deck will stick to its current engine
ya, I decided against it after really looking at how the deck would really run.

Back