ORAS Return of the Secret Base! New Features?

Drohn

Wild War Dance
I'm sure that many other members that played the Hoenn games back in the third generation have experience with the Secret Bases! It was personally one of my favourite features and I missed it in all following games. Generation 4 came close by creating similar bases in The Underground, but it wasn't quite the same.

Will it be back in the remakes/sequels? Would they be in 3D? Will there be new features? What do you want and expect it to be like?

Some wishes:
In XY we already got the PSS that allows users to be connected with each other at all times. I hope we will get to visit Secret Bases from our friends in the new games too! Imagine combining The Underground from Generation 4, which would allow us to play games with each other online and the Trainer House from Generation 2, which allows us to battle stored data from friends and other players; all from our Secret Bases!

Feel free to share your thought and ideas on the Secret Bases in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

RE: Return of the Secret Base in 3D?!

Streetpass Secret Base Exchange. Get a base everywhere where there isn't yours. If you want your own base where someone else has it, you can just overwrite it of course.

Or, get items through street pass, that'd be good. Oh god, they could do version-exclusive items that you could only get in the other game by streetpass :p
I'd really like to see secret bases in; they were one of my favourite things!

Maybe people you met on Street Pass will visit your Secret Base, like they did in the Join Avenue in BW2. So many new features that they can use for Secret Bases! What other things would they be able to do?

Drohn said:
Maybe people you met on Street Pass will visit your Secret Base, like they did in the Join Avenue in BW2. So many new features that they can use for Secret Bases! What other things would they be able to do?

Item Trading, Mini-Games, lots of things! :D
I remember that you could battle people you met; they could bring that back.

I really hope Secret bases will make a return. It could potentially be a place to change clothing/hair in addition to other traditional uses. Love the idea of street-passing others' bases, too; maybe some way to access your friends' bases, too?

Secret Bases are at the top of my list of things I loved in Gen 3.

I think Streetpass Bases is likely I just wonder how they'll combat so many bases on top of each other.

TheGuy said:
Secret Bases are at the top of my list of things I loved in Gen 3.

I think Streetpass Bases is likely I just wonder how they'll combat so many bases on top of each other.
You mean when two people have the base in the same spot? Overwiting with the newest StreetPass.

I want secret bases so badly, it was so fun decorating. As someone said above, it'd be very interesting to be able to streetpass items. It'd give you more incentive to streetpass and get items. There could even be rare ones that you can only get through streetpass like a Groudon toy or Kyogre toy!

I too missed secret bases in all games after Hoenn and the Underground, in my opinion, was just dissapointing with having to go Underground, always the rocky cave, capturing flags to make some room. The simplicity and liberty in Hoenn were just the best.

First of all, I would like for more and widespread possibilities. Dewford laked any, the route going from Littleroot to Tustboro also lacked and I think the route between Mt. Pyre and the Berry Master's house also was lacking. Oh and btw, I would like and underwater base, kind like how we acess the Seafloor Cavern...btter yet, make a secret base on that welcoming beach.
Second, less HM moves (and bikes) to access them. Between Fallarbor and Meteor Falls there were a couple of rocky bases that were neat but needed for Rock Smash ruined it.
Third, more options for decorations, more beyond the Grass/Water/Fire as main themes and more dolls. Add the possibility to exibit our Badges, and perhaps a real PC, where we can do all the things we already do at PkCenters.

Also, why not have the option for PkMarts to deliver at our secret base and buy from here? We could create one near a zone where we're training or trying to catch a Pokémon and will be staying there for a long time, so the secret base would act as camping and stuff being delivered there would spare some time flying around.

In fifth place, I would like for a more friendly system of storing and decorating...I spent so much time arranging the locations of decorations and then I would have to delete them and buy again because I didn't like it or it didn't fit. Add far more storage space, please.

I hadn't think of it, but Athena had a great idea when suggesting that it could be use to change clothes (for Arceus sake, just make evil teams' outfits!).

Keep that boy in Mossdeep telling us where our secret base is because I forgot it a couple of times!

I want a bed in my secret base (or at least some kind of sleeping cushion made of leaves) and also a healing machine that actually works.

If not returning like we've seen in HG/SS at least let our party leader get out in our secret base.

Street Pass Secret Bases! I can not only have mine again but also visit other peoples, YES PLEASE!

I am thinking that Secret Bases will work similarly to the Friend Safari, the more Friend Codes you have, the more Secret Bases in your game. However, I bet they may be limited to a certain area in the game instead throughout the entire region.

Definitely the feature I'm looking forward to the most. Can't wait to see what they do with them this time around!

I would definitely love the return of secret bass. I never experienced it in Hoenn, but I started off in Pearl so I had the chance to experience it. I loved setting traps (for my sister) and decorating the bases. I also liked how we needed spheres to buy certain items.

Hopes for Secret Bases (in no order):

1. As mentioned above, I would like a Pokemon Center facility to heal your Pokemon. I would also like a PC, and other amazing furniture.

2. I would like to battle trainers underground. That would be great, because if I were in the real Pokemon world, that is what I'd do.

3. I also want a jukebox as a new furniture, where you can listen to soundtracks from the game, and special events to download music from other generations and games.

RE: Return of the Secret Base!

As someone who never used this feature in the originals, can someone please explain to me what the huge appeal of Secret Bases is (and why everyone seems enamored with their potential return)? I was never a fan of decorating your room in Gen II, so I'm wondering if that's all there is to do with your Secret Base or if there's an unused feature I'm not aware of.

Here's a copypasta of what I said in a related thread.

"Secrete bases. They better bring these back. I'd like them to add a couple features with them. A person's secret base is added to your game when you street pass them, make them expandable (some of the best spots for secret bases were just so small), and make more items. Also, make it so you can add a plant or a plush on the ground if you want to. I'd love to have an option to gift items to people I've street passed at least once with too. I'd give out evolution stones (and rarer items I don't care for). Why? Because I know people are cheap and the gift would be appreciated."

And adding on from there. I'd like the number of secrete bases to have a cap of like...20 or 30. Or just have the number of secrete bases limited to how many spots can have them. Example. You streetpass someone, then a little while later you streetpass someone who has a secrete base in the same spot as the previous person. Here I'd like them to give the player a choice to choose which base they want to keep, and be able to view the teams and the gift items (I want to gift items, dammit) if applicable. From there, give the player a choice of which base they want to keep.

Have wild pokemon appear in your base. I mean, a Zigzagoon will walk in and sit on your rug, or a Tropius will come in and ask for a piece of pokeblock or a lava cookie. Things like that.

Possibility to make secrete bases 2 floors.

Basically secret bases give GF the ability to make pokemon games a little more like Animal Crossing, collecting furniture and having your own little getaway.

This is a good idea in general, by the way. I especially wish fishing was more like it was in Animal Crossing, where you can see the shadows of what you're fishing for.

Hopefully they return! Ever since the release of Black/White I've been dreaming of battling an opponent with 6 level 100 Audinos for me to level up so easily.

ForeignDude said:
Hopefully they return! Ever since the release of Black/White I've been dreaming of battling an opponent with 6 level 100 Audinos for me to level up so easily.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but battling has nothing to do with the return of secret bases. Are you perhaps thinking of something else?

Back