• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Revival of the Rising Fist (M Lucario EX / Landorus EX / Hawlucha)

jerryv20

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, in the past I have been playing with lucario and it's mega evolution a lot because it's my favourite pokemon but now I am noticing that not much players use this card anymore so I have been trying to upgrade Mega lucario with some of the newer released cards. And this is what I have so far:

Pokémon:
  • 3 Lucario EX
  • 2 M Lucario EX
  • 2 Landorus EX
  • 3 Hawlucha FFI
  • 1 Landorus
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Korina
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Trainer Mail
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
Energy:
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Basically this deck has 3 different "modes":
1) Lucario mode: you fight using only Lucario ex and hawlucha to face your opponent with Landorus ex being your backup
2) Landorus ex mode: You use landorus ex to hit hard as wel on the active as on the bench with lucario as your back up
3) Mega mode: defeat your opponents using the powerful Mega lucario and his Rising Fist.

But I really want to know what you guys think of this deck and if there are any changes that can make this deck better and more powerful.

Last edited:
Looks like a very straight forward beatdown deck. The only change I might consider, and this is may only work in theory, but instead of running Fighting Stadium, maybe try Shrine of Memories. Being able to use Lucario EX's attacks while toting the 220 HP of its Mega seems like it may be very useful. That way you can Corkscrew Smash and draw some cards when the situation dictates. Chances are you'll already be able to achieve OHKO's with Rising Fist when you need to thanks to Strong Energy and Muscle Band, so the Fighting Stadium seems like a bit of overkill.

I might be an idiot and counting wrong, but I think you have 61 cards btw.

Last edited:
thanks for the fast reply totodile. I have actualy never thought about using shrine. It is an idea I will definatly try in this deck. But first I will need to check the total of cards :)

Oops I noticed now,there is one M lucario to many it should be 2. Or should I try 3?

3 definitely seemed excessive lol. If you truly want to make Maxie a part of your strategy, I may consider finding room for a 4th Ultra Ball (excellent way to reduce hand size and get energy in the discard pile for Mega Turbo) as well as a Battle Compressor to quickly get a M Lucario in the discard.

That does indeed sound interessting. Maxie is actualy a little extra if you want to get a free mega on the stage when discarded or when he is defeated. Do you by any chance have a sugestion what I can remove to add the cards you suggested?

Last edited:
Even though Landorus-EX is crazy strong, I don't think you need it here with so many strong Fighting cards in the deck. In fact, I would personally replace 2 of them for something like Terrakion LTR, with my reason being that Landorus FUF is your only way to get around Safeguard - Hawlucha only hits EX's, so even though you have 3 in here, they won't do much there. Other strong Basic Fighting 'mons include Sawk with 'Kick of Righteousness' for better Lugia-EX/Flareon matchups and Stunfisk since it's a non-EX version of Landorus-EX.

I don't find a particular need for Enhanced Hammer here, and Colress isn't really needed with 8 Draw Supporters, so you could probably toss those for 1 more VS Seeker, 1 more Trainer's Mail, and a single copy of Xerosic. Xerosic is better than Enhanced Hammer since it gets around Item Locking, it removes Flare Tools on your side, and can help to get around a potential Aegislash-EX threat.

I can see why you would put terrakion in the deck it's attack is decent when a pokemon is KO'ed. But where I live, plasma is not used very often so sawk won't be realy needed and I had stunfisk in my original version and it wasn't that good, but it can get rid of safegaurd. Though enhanced hammer is still handy to get rid of the DCE on seismitoad and other pokemon that attack for a DCE. But I can get rid of the colress to get a 3rd vs seeker though. Aren't there any other good fight support pokemon to help?

Back